Viking

trouble keeping a purpose

21 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Viking said:

ok, now i understand a little better, so apparently some books and courses are just not for my level yet? like with the life purpose course, i dropped it for the reasons discussed here, couldnt find anything i cared about, the top 10 values i found felt inauthentic.

1. working on my sides that need therapy and knowing myself, i journal daily for that

2. finding a girlfriend

3. ill be starting a new job soon, so i want to grow in it. im afraid that ill start to be lazy and not do my best like it happened during my degree.

That, to me, seems like a healthy drive... three goals in three different areas of your life. Good luck :)

A new job tends to be a growth opportunity, that consumes much of your resources for the first few months.

Becoming better at your job gives you confidence, and new earned money gives you more independence. Both feel slightly intoxicating. So once you learn the basics skills of your new job, and get used to the opportunities that the money gives you, you might naturally start to look for more. More independence, better pay, new skills to learn, more creative freedom, using more of your natural talents, more meaningful work, giving more to society. This is also one of the sources of a drive for purpose. 

If you start to be lazy and complacent, consider a change. Or use a stable job as a background to work on your other goals. 

Life will unfold :)

Edited by Elisabeth