Autumn

Combating the unavoidable amount of subliminal messaging in media

3 posts in this topic

One thing that I've started to notice so much since I've become more "aware" is how disgustingly much subliminal messaging, symbolism, and other little tricks that appear in today's movies, shows, music, etc.

Once you're more on the lookout for it, you will see it everywhere.

An example of symbolism: Try to watch any American movie/show or read any book published by an American author that doesn't show/describe an American flag at least once. It's impossible.

I remember reading a book published back in the 60s or 70s about subliminal messaging and what they could accomplish with subliminal messaging back in that era was already incredible.

It makes me wonder how much more advanced/effective their messaging is today (subliminal or otherwise).

I believe that simply being more aware of it is, in itself a defense against its effects.

Of course the best defense would be to not consume the movies, shows, music, etc. in the first place, but it seems that it's becoming more and more unavoidable.

I've recently changed almost all of my media consumption (movies, shows, music, and books mostly) to those created at least 20-30 years ago. This strategy would, of course, only work for so long.

What are your thoughts on this?

Very insightful. I vote we each live our vote, be our vote, and simply in doing so, create a better world. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It's funny because , yes there's alot of bad things presented subliminally in commercials and entertainment, and yet there is so much hidden truth I see too, mostly in adventurous or scifi movies / TV show.  

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay