Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

What is the point of doing psychedelics for Spirtuality if you aren´t ready to let go

3 posts in this topic

Don´t get me wrong, In terms of leaving traumas behind, obssesions, stories that you create in your mind, points of view...etc I have gotten tremendous value from psychedelics to cut a lot of my bullshit, in terms of introspection I am very, very in awe to psychedelics, I don´t know how fucked up I would be if i haven´t done some trips in my youth, since still my personality is not healthy as I would like, I imagine I still will benefit from them in the future in this aspect.

However now even If I am very serious about becoming awake I am still plan my future, I still have plans to my future business, then why the hell for example I would do 5-MeO-DMT in this stage of my life (i haven´t tried that one yet), have an eye-opening experience but then...will my ego really abandon his plans after whatever non-dual experience I will get? No. I think psychedelics for spiritual purposes are great:

1.  For people who haven´t got a clue what an altered state of consciousness is and doing it by "sober" methods would maybe take them years (Yoga, meditation, etc). Then this way they can actually start their practice/their spiritual path because they have seen this is not just words or concepts.
  2.  For people who can actually "call it a day" to everything in its life, don´t have any real plans to the future, they are retired, etc...and can really go deep, submit all the way with the direction that the psychedelic experience can give you.

For the rest of us, I wonder, what´s the point in doing something as strong as 5-MeO-DMT (or big doses of other classic psychedelics?) Don´t you are a playing a kind of game there? 

Edited by Javfly33

Imagine being enlightened for some time. 

Do you think the memories and change it had on the body would keep it the same it was before? 

When and or if how psychedelics fit into the picture depends on you. 

The thought you need the ego to live your life in some way is a thought in which the content implies there is an ego. It’s a thought, though.

Seems like you’re thinking if you let go, nothing else in life would happen. 

The miracle is, that it does. Impossibly. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE