Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric H

Overcoming Poverty

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone here managed to transform themselves from a poor lazy consumer into an empowered hardworking value-creator? I'm trying to make this change while struggling to escape poverty, and maybe one day find my true purpose. 

Would love some advice or encouragement from anyone who's managed to transform this aspect of themselves. How do you find the middle path between being hateful towards yourself and being too gentle/falling back into laziness?

3 hours ago, Eric H said:

Has anyone here managed to transform themselves from a poor lazy consumer into an empowered hardworking value-creator? I'm trying to make this change while struggling to escape poverty, and maybe one day find my true purpose. 

Would love some advice or encouragement from anyone who's managed to transform this aspect of themselves. How do you find the middle path between being hateful towards yourself and being too gentle/falling back into laziness?

I've skated back and forth between the poverty line a lower middle class quite frequently in the past decade, especially in my early 20s. And I'm just now, with my channel and life-coaching and other sources of income, getting to a point where I am a solid candidate for joining the regular middle class soon as I'm currently making about $3.5k per month, and I anticipate that number growing since I just recently raised my prices a bit. 

The main thing to contend with poverty-wise is the psychological states that naturally come along with the amount of money a person has. 

I've noticed, that when I'm poor, survival-based concerns take up 95% of my RAM. And it's much more difficult to make good long-term decisions, be optimistic about the future, and focus toward life-purpose. But when I'm lower middle class, this can be challenging, but I have a lot more energy and and brain-space to focus toward growth.

It's really difficult to work at the top of Maslow's Hierarchy when you're struggling to meet the needs of the bottom rung. It takes up a lot of energy.

So, you have to build stamina, optimism, and intense focus if you're dealing with poverty to take you forward.

And then, from there, you must find something that provides a ton of value to offer, and build a following around it to get it in front of its target audience. And ideally, it is something that's so natural to you and that you do so much better/differently than other people, that they can't get exactly what you're offering from anyone else.

But the good news is that you'll be able to improve your financial situation more rapidly if you find a working business model, because everything will be a gain for you. You just have to find something that works and grow your audience.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 6/28/2019 at 7:00 PM, Eric H said:

How do you find the middle path between being hateful towards yourself and being too gentle/falling back into laziness?

Sounds like you are using a kind of self disparaging internal punishing motivation model. Check out some Abraham Hicks videos on YouTube. Change your views on money. Leo has a video, The Psychology of Money (I think that’s the title) which is excellent. Check it out. 

It’s critical not to limit your deservingness. Careful flirting with ‘entitlement’, but self hate is the most limiting ‘force’ imaginable. Make a vision board and discover what you honestly most deeply want. Then begin the adventure from where you are to to that. You create it! 

Psychologically, there is a function of the brain which thinks from a ‘what society thinks’ perspective. THAT facet is the king pin bullshitter in the brain. The more you ground and root yourself in YOUR experience, and begin to become attentive of when you inattentively ‘switch’ to that ‘what society thinks’ perspective, the more confidence you’ll realize in your creating. 

If you’re interested in changing these perspectives, consider reading The Six Pillars of Self Esteem, and Loving What Is.......and then Ask & It is Given, and Think & Grow Rich. For day to day ‘pick me ups’ in terms of confidence, changing your psychology & state immediately, YouTube Tony Robins, “Motivational speech’s”, etc. 

And meditate every morning. Twice a day is much better. 

If you do these things, in 3 months you will be seeing everything so differently, you won’t even be able to remember how you were ever arriving at your prior perspective. 

You can never go wrong believing in yourself. You can do anything you set your mind to. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 6/29/2019 at 3:04 AM, Shiva said:

@Eric H How do you define poverty? What country are you living in?

Living in Canada (awesome) below the poverty line (not as fun). 

Thanks to everyone for the advice, I'll be putting it into practice. 

Edited by Eric H