Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
livg7046

The way I "see" it: Spiral Dynamics/Duality

5 posts in this topic

When I first learned about spiral dynamics from Leo I thought of myself as traveling in the spiral from the outside in...towards more understanding...like when you send a coin into the spinning funnel to be collected at the bottom. 

giphy.gif

But now, the way I "see" it is actually the opposite. When one progresses through the different stages they do so by opening and expanding their minds to other possibilities.  On a more specific level, these spirals can be narrowed to individual topics or dualities, which are on a single dimension (with an infinite number of dimensions, this helps me to relate).  So, in a single dimension or duality, I envision a pendulum, and the more open minded you become...the farther your pendulum swings.

Light vs dark ...good vs evil. 

I used to be afraid of darkness and evil as society had taught me.  But as I learn, I now see society is a resistance, as poison...trying to keep me in the center...trying to prevent me from expanding my mind.  So I am learning to not fear evil and darkness...but to embrace them and let my pendulum swing farther. 

giphy.gif

@livg7046 Society can seem resistant in the short term, but after zooming out u realize each social system is slowly but surely exhausting itself, inevitably either destroying or transcending itself. Good and evil are different flavors of the same thing)

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

Of course SD is relative.

It's not a good idea to try to mesh it with enlightenment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

On 6/28/2019 at 3:08 PM, Leo Gura said:

Of course SD is relative.

It's not a good idea to try to mesh it with enlightenment.

Why?

@livg7046 SD really only serves for the evolution of humanity in furthering to a certain goal. Enlightenment work ultimately has to transcend such things. Go beyond goals and survival.