Cody_Atzori

Is brown flakes healthy?

3 posts in this topic

I understand wheat is "unhealthy" and I used to have porridge as my preffered breakfast, but now that our microwave broke I've had to replace it. I'm 16 and live with my parents studying in six form and for the last week I replaced the porridge with brown flakes. I need some sort of breakfast. I don't eat bread (unless its in the dinner). I have no control over dinner as I rely on my vegan parents to provide healthy food. Anyway, that's the context. Is brown flakes healthy, if not what should I replace it with concerning my broken microwave situation. 

I don't know much about brown flakes, but couldn't you simply have oats with fruits and some milk atlernative? You could also sprinkle some peanut butter, chia, flax and hemp seeds on top for 'em healthy fats.

Whats brown flakes? Do you mean Bran flakes?

If you dont have issues digesting wheat its not going to kill you if you have it for a few weeks...

I agree with waves, porridge is probably better. You dont have to cook the oats to have them. Or you can make them on the stove in a pan.

What do you mean you have no control over dinner? Dont rely on them then, you can easily make your own food...