Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fortifyacacia3

Deconstruction in Traditionalism and Modernity

4 posts in this topic

I'm curious to hear others articulate how constructing requires deconstruction. I feel like deconstruction is a facet in the very nature of thought structures. We act as so rarity creates value (desire aside) and in this way marginalized aspects of thought have always been valued. Discovering basic logic structures requires a certain turning over for testing. I mean really, anything we want to construct comes from a feeling of something being left out or something more to be. When we give advice, we think of what's being neglected. Or we think "what of this understanding are we leaving out?" 

Maybe it would be beter if we have more precisely defined some of the terms you used in your question beforehand, but anyway - let's kick it!

If I follow your question correctly, my immediate answer is yes: construction requires decontruction. For example: you want to change or create new taxation system in a country. Then you definitely need to deconstruct (or think about) the current one: what is missing in the current one, why you need or want to change it, questions like what values should the system represent etc.

That is the case in any thought operation of this type. You need to analyze what is the current position you want to change or "construct" into a new one and the characteristics of the new one also. I see it as a very logical operation.

I am not sure what exactly you implicate by traditionalism or modernity mentioned in the title, as the thought process itself, by which you try to achieve certain purpose (to construct and or deconstruct) should be - at its core - the same.