CreamCat

A more accurate model for Spiral Dynamics

5 posts in this topic

A more accurate model for Spiral Dynamics is a score board.

You can have low scores across tier 1. Each stage has sub-subcomponents. Each sub-component has a score. You can average sub-components to measure the score at each stage. You may have incredibly low scores at Purple and mediocre scores at Orange.

Your Green scores may be higher than your Beige scores. Low scores are unhealthy.

Let's say each score is on the scale from 0 to 100. 70 is minimally satisfactory.

For example, does Sam Seder actually have high Green scores? I don't think so. He's seen demonizing a lot of people. This means his compassion score is below 70.

You can also develop yourself across tier 1 and tier 2 simultaneously if you are aware of sub-components of each stage.

Edited by CreamCat

If each stage was summarised as a set of adjectives, a person could assess their performance in those areas using established tests.

It would then be a case of translating each result into a score and then adding up all the scores.

Then we could play Top Trumps with people.

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

46 minutes ago, Dan502 said:

If each stage was summarised as a set of adjectives, a person could assess their performance in those areas using established tests.

It would then be a case of translating each result into a score and then adding up all the scores.

Then we could play Top Trumps with people.

It's called SAAFE. TJ Reeves created the test. I have SAAFE report that tells me scores.

@CreamCat What do you think about SAAFE ? I took the test and received my score. Yet, I am curious how statistically valid is the test?@Dan502 @CreamCat

I only had one mandatory class in statistics so I had to deal with different mathematical concepts also. I like the approach and that it gives a list of the spiral dynamics sub-components with a holistic overview, it also includes the components of the spiral dynamics book. So, I like it.

I don't get my meditation scores but ok.

5 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

@CreamCat What do you think about SAAFE ? I took the test and received my score. Yet, I am curious how statistically valid is the test?@Dan502 @CreamCat

I only had one mandatory class in statistics so I had to deal with different mathematical concepts also. I like the approach and that it gives a list of the spiral dynamics sub-components with a holistic overview, it also includes the components of the spiral dynamics book. So, I like it.

I don't get my meditation scores but ok.

I don't think statistics is relevant because the scores are not relative to the population. Your scores don't go up just because the average of the population goes down.

I think SAAFE is a good measure of spiral dynamics. I haven't seen other tests that do this extensively and as well.

Edited by CreamCat