StarStruck

Taking notes not taking notes

6 posts in this topic

If I don’t take notes I just don’t get anything of the books and videos that I’m consuming. 

I really have to sit down and take notes and afterwards piece things together, rearrange things in my mind and then reread my notes couple of times  

Is this something prone to me because perhaps I’m not use to this and over time it will get better? I’m wondering how many people take notes while watching actualized org for example.....

I have been watching actualized org for couple of months and I just rewatched one video (about strategy) that I watched a while back (before my breakthrough). And I just released nothing stuck. Perhaps because I didn’t give my full attention and was at the gym.   

The purpose of this thread is this: soon I will be starting my 200 book challenge and if I’m forced to take notes it will considerably slow down my speed. What strategy is smart? Do you take notes? Do you read fast or slow?

Edited by StarStruck

@StarStruck Taking notes is good, esp when you're learning something new to you. Once you feel like you can integrate your knowledge without taking thorough notes, you can quit. I still take notes occasionally, but not nearly as much as I used to. Certain things just add up naturally to the already established knowledge base. But if you're a beginner, it's a good habit to assist your learning.

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

The purpose of this thread is this: soon I will be starting my 200 book challenge and if I’m forced to take notes it will considerably slow down my speed

Quality over quantity, my friend :)

@Natasha thanks a lot. Also that just came to my mind: there are book summaries on the internet I can use after I read the actual book. 

@bejapuskas in which sub thread is that?

Edited by StarStruck

Here :) By the way, there is a search button in the top right corner, just type in the thing you are looking for.