Gili Trawangan

Deja Vu

9 posts in this topic

I've just had a very strong sense of deja vu. For about five seconds it felt like I had already experienced those five seconds before - exactly like that - it was a repeat. I used to think that it was an anomaly in the brain, but when one drops the materialist paradigm what does it mean?

I apologize if this topic has been covered before ;) see what I did there?

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

I have practiced yoga shambahavi mahamudra by sadhguru for a month now deja vus have become very common espacialy when i do the practices. Also dreams get more intense and some of them i have forgotten have came up in my awarenes. 

@Gili Trawangan  i dont know for sure but supose they are a moment of tapping in a memory in a very intense way. Just like you are reliving it.

@Gili Trawangan the experience of deja vu is exactly as what you have described above. it feels like this has happened before.

the answer is that reality is not "linear"

reality is whatever is in your current experience

this has happened before, the "memory" or belief of it having occurred "before" and the dead-on unshakable feeling that it has happened before  - all arise together in that moment, during those 5 seconds.

that's all it is. an arising of this experience and then back to your "regular linear" experience. 

based on how you currently understand reality, my answer may not be what you're looking for. but this is the case.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei I appreciate the response. You're right, based on my current understanding of reality I don't think I get it :)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Gili Trawangan essentially saying... that deja vu is what you think it is. it is an experieince of experiencing something and knowing/feeling as if it has happened before.

you are asking for what it means or a why/how... 

there isn't a why/how or any meaning :) 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny