Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YaMayka

[book] The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown

3 posts in this topic

Full title is: The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are

I very much recommend books of this author - it is a scientist/researcher with a soul, if I may put it that way. Very open minded and perceptive, she learned from her research and changed her life. She has great insights about vulnerability, shame and how to live wholeheartedly. It made me reveal more of my shadow - really great for personal and spiritual development. Audiobooks available :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gifts-Imperfection-Think-Supposed-Embrace/dp/159285849X

Thanks. I've seen her on Ted Talks. She's great. 

Ah! This was the first 'self-help'-book I've read! After a burnout in 2014, this was the perfect book for me at that time. 

Most important insights: you're ok right now (not only after you have accomplished this or done that, like getting a degree/earn more money/bought a house or be more fit, etc), playing is very important, being authentic (what it means and how to be authentic, hard lesson there) and that resting is as important as playing ;)

What are the most important lessons for the people who read this as well?

Have fun!