Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Barofixe

Music, Masses, Manipulation

4 posts in this topic

Hey People. I am a musician and i am creating this topic, because i would be interested in hearing some of your comments on these subjects, insights, advices on this path of delivering musicalbeauty to society.

I would argue that in today's society, music associated with visual scenarios is probably the artform with more capacity to manipulate and making people stay in low consciousness habits.
Considering of course the music having more impact on the world right now which is stuck in the purest form of Stage Orange, which is made entirely for selfish purposes
We listen to HipHop/Rap songs: "Fuck Bitches, fuck this fuck that, insert more superficial content here, and this and that.
We listen to Reggaeton it's all about the same, just changes the context and probably some rhytmic nuances
And the list goes on and on. The genres don't actually change for me. For me it all belongs to the genre of Superficial and no worries about the rest.
Looking upon this i feel a huge desire of having an impact on the world and raising people's consciousness with the musical tools i have. i kinda feel hopeless i must confess.
Stage Orange seems so strong and indestructible these days and its hard to me to see mainstream music stage green in the next years. Unless Artists show up and create!

How would you guys relate Spiral Dynamics and Music?

Edited by Barofixe

Culture is not our friend. Just creat your music for the sake of it, if someone is making music just on the concern to appeal masses you would be faking yourself. There are a lot of small genres out there that doesn't fit the masses but they still have their followers. Dream pop, Freak-Folk, Shoegaze, you name it.  my bloody valentine it's a terrific example of this. they are probably one of the most transcendental bands out there, with no interest to appeal masses but still being able to have their Loveless album on several top 10 best albums list of the 90's. you are just having wrong mindsets. or also, take a look on Vampire Weekend's new album, is full of awareness and appeals the masses! Or even, take a look at Sufjan Stevens, the man is an icon and most of his music is spiritual.

Edited by oMarcos

Music reflects your beliefs, so for example I listen to my music because it’s the environment that I grew up in and to me it is the music with the most truth. When I was growing up, i saw people living through struggle, i myself never lived in this strugggle so I never had to lower myself to it. I always kept my head straight and said it’s a perspective and I learnt from young what a perspective. So I searched for my own perspective. I learnt to be grateful for the environment that i grew up in because it taught me that people were brainwashed. Like 98% of the population. Still I saw my friends go through things, tried to provide reason and logic to them like not to harm other people because they were angry. So to me the music I listen to is the most truthful truth about reality after enlightenment. Enlgjtenment is true and all but the hood teaches you things that you simply can’t learn elsewhere and it’s better than religion, it’s better than science, it’s better than everything perspectivewise, because it teaches you not to place your trust in people, as it’s a lifestyle of pure survival. 

So yeah I conclude that music resonates with the perspective you see about the world. Or in other words your SD spiral colour. 

This is the only real Stage Green song i've heard