Cody_Atzori

How do I meditate outside

4 posts in this topic

The last few days I've been getting up at 4 am, so I could jounral on the beach alone, it's really nice because I get to bask in nature unpeturbed by human business. I thought I could meditate in the mornings as well but I don't really know how to do it outside without looking weird. I know I shouldn't care about that but I do, maybe I'll get over it once I become more conscious. Would I just sit normally on a bench and focus on being mindful, shouldn't I have a straight spine though.  I have a meditation cushion so would I use that. What's ideal?

5 minutes ago, Cody_Atzori said:

Would I just sit normally on a bench and focus on being mindful, shouldn't I have a straight spine though.  I have a meditation cushion so would I use that. What's ideal?

Depends on what your chosen type of meditation is. I recommend just going for it, in a formal meditative posture, straight back. It can take a while till you get used to meditating in public, yet that's a fear to face that'll bring you growth. I like to wear earplugs during meditation (especially outside, when others are around). I still get tense when others are near me in public during meditation, and not hearing those sounds around me helps me to stay focused. Eventually, this gets easier and people might even find it inspiring, seeing you meditating on the beach or somewhere else ;)

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

you know what man your right I don't give a shit Imma do what I need to do :) thanks

@Cody_Atzori The posture doesn't really matter. You can just sit down comfortably and focus on your breath or whatever your doing. Or do a walking meditation if that looks less weird :)