universe

List of assets

5 posts in this topic

What are some good assets you can recommend and what are the properties you want to look out for?

Some well-known ones. Be mindful that the wanted properties are personal and depend on location, time etc.

-Real Estate

• To rent out
  • In areas that are growing (for appreciating value)
  • 2 Bed and 1 or 2 Bathroom

-Companies

• That can make you money without you doing any work
  • Can be sold
  • Possible IPO profits

-Education

• Good education
  • With marketable skills
  • Financial education
  • Skills that help with your assets
  • Emotional education

-Stocks/Bonds/Currency

• Low risk/low reward: Big established companies
  • High risk/high reward: Promising startups, Cryptocurrency
  • Stocks that pay dividends

-Connection to people

• People who have money to spend
  • People who have a big network
  • People who are experts in certain fields
  • People who are good at specific tasks

-Royalties

• From music, photos, videos etc.

-Collectables

• Pop Funko figures
  • Lego Sets
  • Art

We can grow this list. Im especially interested in small assets you can get without needing a lot of capital. What are some good assets you know of or that you already acquired? What are some new trends?

Edited by universe

2 hours ago, universe said:

Im especially interested in small assets you can get without needing a lot of capital.

So is every other human being ever, lol. We all want more for less.

Going by your list, Real Estate, Companies, Stocks/Bonds and Royalties are all complex systems.

Anyone who succeeds in these fields have done consistent, grueling work with or without "capital" (money).

Even in the fields of Education and Connections, which seem less complex at first glance, it takes years to develop success.

The real problem here is time, not money.

And honestly, if you're willing to commit the time, there are ways to get around money barriers when first starting out thanks to the internet.

So really, the smart thing to do would be to focus on "assets" that really mean something to you.

I don't see any realistic shortcuts here.

It's Love.

Collectibles count?

I love the idea of buying collectibles and watching the price increase over time as a speculative investment. Today I found out that 1-2 of my Pop Funko figurines I bought last year has doubled or tripled in price which is pretty cool. Plus some old toys and games I had growing up have increased in price as well, going to hold onto them.

Cryptocurrencies you can add.

Also stocks that payout dividends is one that I’m looking into.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

9 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

So is every other human being ever, lol. We all want more for less.

Thats not what I meant. I just meant small assets you can aquire with small amounts of money.

And honestly, if you're willing to commit the time, there are ways to get around money barriers when first starting out thanks to the internet.

Yep thats what I want to do. How would you go about doing that?

So really, the smart thing to do would be to focus on "assets" that really mean something to you.

Agree, thats why I started this thread, to discover more assets that people around here love.

@7thLetter Thanks! Thats exactly what I was looking for! How do you store these? I guess you plan on keeping them for a long time?

@universe Yup, me personally I just keep them in a box, put it in my closet and forget about them. Pop Funko figurines also have a seperate hard plastic case that you can buy and store them away so that they don’t get squashed.

Some collectibles that I hold currently and ones I’m looking at are:

- Pokemon, Yugi-oh, couple baseball cards

- Pop Funkos

- Star wars figurines

- Gamecube games, SNES games

- Old 90’s toys

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein