Genghis Khan

Overcoming The Establishment's Hinderance On Personal Development

4 posts in this topic

One apparent obstacle I found in personal development, in terms of trying to achieve amazing things with my life. Which is my established goal, though vague.

I pondered about what the greatest things someone could achieve would be and in truth, in all practicality, there isn't much.

Look at history, when one could band together some warriors, conquer and pillage, and become a legendary king (Such as Genghis Khan, my username).

Obviously, that kind of success is inappropriate and somewhat impossible in this day and age. Nor is there really a cause to fight for. There's nothing huge I could make for my life, no huge ambition.

But to focus on the topic, it is in my opinion that this inability to achieve something truly fulfilling can be attributed to modern society.

What am I to work towards? Most people in their free time just sit around and watch television in their past time besides working. I can try to make money, but all I get out of that is a bigger TV, but still the same empty existence of working every day and just trying to relax in my past time. This society is a sort of open prison, all I can do is work towards earning green paper and obtaining cheap pleasures, which is all I've ever had offered to me to look forward to. I have to spend the first 12 years of my life in a school indoctrinating me into this system with other people in the same zoo. The catch is, if I don't like playing by these rules I get put in a cage. I'm told that I get ahead by going to college but it looks to me that all that will accomplish is massive amounts of life long debt. So my only option is to work, retire, and die. I cannot help but question this system I am living in.

I was simply born in this world, knowing nothing, and I have to live this life and I just want to know what is going on. Am I ruining myself seeking for answers?

I'm in this personal development field to find a way to get the most out of life and not be trapped in the void of empty existence. I want to be an inspiration to other people with something to be proud of, but how can I do so when there's nothing to gain in this system. It's not as easy redrawing the world in your own image as it once was. It all just seems to fake and manufactured, it's just not right and it's hard to accept.

So my question is, how do I do it? It feels like I could either be a pessimistic asshole or an ignorant tool, either way I'm screwed.

Is the answer to all these problems the pursuit of Enlightenment? Is that the way out of this whole predicament?

Short answer: YES ! :)

Not only that, but you are ALREADY that! No need to go/do anywhere. You just need to unveil it from under programming/imprinting 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

I just wanna say that the life course would do wonders for you and really answer some questions for you, Leo goes deep to finding in yourself what's truly meaningful to you, what you value, but sadly all he can do is try to point you in the direction, and in the end it's up to you to find that. Start looking inward for solutions, not outward.

Memento Mori

Be a virgin child ;) Just explore what it is you like to do and be creative, do you want to play music, write books or anything else.

Then go do whatever it is you burn for and evolve through creativity which will become the language you speak - the language of God.

A tips is to use a lot of symbolism if you draw or write or whenever possible, it really spark creativity if you ask me.
For example in the first Hobbit movie you see the Dwarves digging for gold in the mountain until they find the heart of the mountain and use it to become Lords of the world but the Dragon come to those who do that.

The Mountain is your ego or mind, the gold is creativity or brilliant ideas (and the stone is probably the thirde eye and all that that entails) but when you use that to control people your mind is taken over by the dragon and you are forced to wander the dead outskirts of your mind like the jews did in the dessert.

Stuff like that is brilliant.

If you can't find anything after a lot of looking then just pick an instrument and master it, try to play from the heart without any paper though you might have some other music in the background or mute movie if needed or something else to inspire you.