frnsh

Why do I feel these lately when I meditate?

4 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I have got more serious lately about my spirituality and lately when I meditate, I go really deep and I feel these odd thing. I would be thankful if you would tell me if you have felt the same and what do you think they mean. 

One thing I have been feeling a lot and I used to feel also, is activity in front of my eyes, even though there is none. Like feeling like a source of light, like a candle or lap is in front of my eyes. Lately, a strong white light which is not there when I end my meditation and open my eyes. 

Another one which used to scare me a bit is an odd feeling of drowning, stretching, or having an odd shape body or position. It feels like my body is stretching like a body of an alien. When I sit at first, I know where are my hands, where is my legs and so on. But as I go deeper, I feel my body is a very stretched level of what it is, my hands are not bent on my knees, but they are straight down, my waist and neck are really stretched and my head is really higher than it supposed to be. I feel a bit light headed also. I used to get scared of this but I learnt to trust that it is not real and my body is where it was, just exploring the feeling. Slowly it gets back a bit to normal after some minutes. 

There is some other stuff that are a bit new, but I'm still exploring them. 

3 minutes ago, frnsh said:

Another one which used to scare me a bit is an odd feeling of drowning, stretching, or having an odd shape body or position. It feels like my body is stretching like a body of an alien. When I sit at first, I know where are my hands, where is my legs and so on. But as I go deeper, I feel my body is a very stretched level of what it is, my hands are not bent on my knees, but they are straight down, my waist and neck are really stretched and my head is really higher than it supposed to be. I feel a bit light headed also. I used to get scared of this but I learnt to trust that it is not real and my body is where it was, just exploring the feeling. Slowly it gets back a bit to normal after some minutes. 

Ahaha yes nothing to worry about. Your brain is just tricking you. Keep meditating. I'm having the same stuff going on. Sometimes when i'm meditating i literally feel like my arms are getting very big and stretched out, bended etc. This is all very normal.

The lights might have something to do with your thoughts. Pay attention if there is any connection between the thoughts you're thinkinking and the visuals. 

Maybe you see the light fadind away as you let go of a thought?

6 hours ago, Bluff said:

The lights might have something to do with your thoughts. Pay attention if there is any connection between the thoughts you're thinkinking and the visuals. 

Maybe you see the light fadind away as you let go of a thought?

Not really. It just comes at some point when I'm deep and stays there for a while, almost until the end of my meditation.