UDT

Finding Balance of Survival and Being

6 posts in this topic

How?

1. Existential needs

2. Security (roof, food, financials, health)

3. Freedom (body  & mind, health, liberation from toxins)

4. Love (growing, finding striving for community and relationships, "the tribe")

5. Purpose & Passion (vocation, alignment between money and soul)

5. Living environmentally and action=consequence aware 

6. Giving back to your family, loved ones, community

7. Giving back to society and working towards raising the conciousness of human kind 

While going from 1-7

* Finding balance in everyday life between work and leisure, pleasure and pain, work and silence 

* Systemic thinking, making an effort to see different perspectives as your own, forgiving, being humble, taking hits from unconscious people, being an example

*Apologizing for mistakes, striving to be good every day to your own definition (because that's all you got)

* Practice and diligence

Thoughts?

Edited by UDT

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@UDT if these are these like 7 rules to live by inorder to balance survival and being?

i would say their pretty good, but understand that when you become 100% conscious of your survival, you wouldnt stop eating, or stop being social, 

look at sadhguru, hes 100% aware of his survival.

Just now, Mezanti said:

@UDT if these are these like 7 rules to live by inorder to balance survival and being?

i would say their pretty good, but understand that when you become 100% conscious of your survival, you wouldnt stop eating, or stop being social, 

Yes, to accept survival, be in it, accept it, do not get depressed by the harsh truth it is, and finding a way of life with everything.

And second yes, that's exactly why a philosophy to live by (like a honor codex) might be a good tool to navigate these waters.

I like the topic. Anything pragmatic and to do with values I like to read about. I also like to read about things that will benefit those around us and the world and not just our own needs. 

However, do you mind if I ask for bit more definition of what you mean by survival and what you mean by being? I know it sounds a stupid question but... for example survival could mean just to keep breathing or it could mean much more.....    Also what is being? I think this is a term used a lot on this forum, but I am new....

@Bill W its in reference to Leo's 2 videos on survival where he also explains the terms 

Survival is what you do, Being is who you are

Edited by UDT

pushing because answers are needed