kieranperez

Sedona Method Question

3 posts in this topic

I’m really confused on why releasing hasn’t seemed to be working for me. 

Hale Dwoskin uses the example of letting go as holding onto a pen tight and then letting it go. I’m trying to really practice that with emotional upheavals, reactions, etc. and will go through the questions and try to let go after I really feel what’s there but there’s being had... like if I feel a surge of anxiety, anger, or even something mild, I’ll feel it in my body but for some reason Im not able to release it no more than I can release a stomach ache. It just feels like “it’s just there”. If that makes any sense? 

I don’t really know what it is I’m supposed or am likely to feel after I release either. 

Is there something I’m missing here? I’m not trying to make this more complex than it has to be or is meant to be but I’m just really confused as to where I may be going wrong with the technique 

Edited by kieranperez

I am not familiar with Sedona Method but as for emotional release, it seems it happen on it's own without any kind of will or method. Of course any sort of resisting will perpetuate the state. So if there was a method, i would describe it as becoming completely attune and accepting of the state in its presence without judgement, rejection, or need for it's end. Through this process of allowing it to be, there may be a release and a shift in state (maybe this makes some sense, and carries benefit) 

I don't know the Sedona method but have heard of it. I tried to get into some Lester Levinson but not too sure of it right now. I think Sedona method might be modelled on some of his stuff.

My own view based on my current understanding and experience is that for me, letting go of troublesome emotions and feelings gets stalled without some cognitive work too. Unless monkey mind is tamed or there is an advanced level of detachment from thoughts, my thoughts get in the way of letting go of my emotions. 

This is where the David Hawkins book has really helped me out. If I read him correct, he argues that it's pissing in the wind trying to surrender ego dominated perspectives and feelings if you don't accurately identify the pay off's you get from ego running wild. You have to surrender the pay off's first. It makes sense to me.

The Osho book I reviewed on here also helps with this. As does the work of Don Miguel Ruiz. 

I'm really in letting go mode. I'm trying to stop myself being in 'acquire' mode and just keep the focus on surrendering. I have a shit load of crap that needs to be jettisoned to make room for the good stuff. Or... the good stuff is all there already but buried in the shit. Either way, without letting go, nothing good will happen for me.