Ross

Addictions Getting Worse

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys for some reason my addictions have gone slighty worse since I have been doing meditation, can anyone explain this?

1 hour ago, Ross said:

Hey guys for some reason my addictions have gone slighty worse since I have been doing meditation, can anyone explain this?

@Ross Yes, it's not the meditation. Meditation is often prescribed at addiction centers as a tool to help overcome addictions.

Was the same for me, meditation enhanced bad behavioral patterns as i started, i would interpret this as your ego resisting a change. Meditation weakens the connection to the ego, therefore it tries to get back in full control to defend the status quo. But it will vanish, keep going and keep your awareness up, the ego tries to force you into your old patterns with very subtile manipulations, examine this, acknowledge in which ways you were manipulated before - learn - and finally grow.

I would recommend you try a strong determination sitting, you will see that just sitting and not moving will exhaust you - your mind will make it a hell ride. Thus you can realize how unconsciously controlled you are.

Edited by Locooig