Robobotas

Some questions about Kryia yoga.

4 posts in this topic

Hello, so starting this summer i want to start doing a consistant kryia yoga practice.

I bought the Santata Gamana book. "The secret power of Kryia yoga". But i am left with some questions about some of the practices.

So i started doing the easier version "Kryia Bow" as a substitute for Kryia fire. Then my practice should look something like (Kryia Bow/Kryia Pranayama/Yoni Mudra/Mahamudra).

In the book it's only explained how to do the Supreme Kryia Pranayama, but not the basic version. I tried it, but it's really hard. I think i should stick to the basic version. Mahamudra is also not included.

So I am asking you guys if you could find me the most potent source for a Pranayama, Mahamudra practices, I can see in my book that I have the Sahasrara Yoni Mudra, but I haven't tried it yet, so if somebody knows more about it, please tell me also.

Sorry for the loose thoughts.

Thank you for all the info.

@Robobotas the techniques you're looking for are described in his first book 'kriya yoga exposed'. he also recommends Ennio Nimis online book for the techniques. I hope this can help you :)

whatever arises, love that

Leo recommends on his books list to star with Kriya Secrets Revelealed by J.C. Stevens.  He says it is a more technical and comprehensive book.  He Recommends Santata's book for people who already have a practice.  

He also said that the exercises are shorter in Stevens' book.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Robobotas Skip the Kriya Bow and go straight for the most powerful techniques. Don't worry about the minutia of each technique, like holding your breath for atleast 1 min 30. Just do the best you can and work you way up to it. Same with the visualisations.

Your stack is basically what Leo and other's recommend, so you're on the right track with that. Although its generally reccommended that you do the spinal breathing pranayama from the Kriya Secrets Revealed book, rather than the pranayama taught in The Secret Power. I actually do a sort of mixed between the two, where I spinal breath up to the 3rd eye and then every 5 breaths chant Ohm in the 3rd eye for as long as possible. For me, it makes it even more powerful and effective.

Now days I only do Mahamudra and then as many Pranayama's as poss (24+), and sometimes Supreme Fire. But I find Supreme Fire to increase monkey mind and its quite a strain to do, so I usually don't bother. Also, you must have atleast 10 or 15 minutes at the end for meditation and to sit in stillness and silence.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski