electroBeam

Any books on managing prana?

3 posts in this topic

I've had procrastination problems all my life, basically compulsiveness. I've tried many personal development books. I've even tried ADHD clinical books and applied it to myself. Unfortunately these methods don't work because they are just too superficial. The problem I have is too deep for these books to handle.

I had an insight recently that the reason why these compulsions are occuring (personally, its not expected that most people have this problem, my body is the only thing that probably has this specific issue) that the reason why this compulsion problem occurs is because of a viscous cycle. 

Every thought you have is prana/energy. And when a thought occurs you are using up prana. If the thought is very intense, you use up more prana. In most people's minds this prana is chaotic, there is no focus or direction, the prana is just going everywhere. So the common way to solve this (in PD circles) is you use visualization techniques, affirmations or the like to motivate yourself to stop procrastinating and therefore stop your prana from going a certain direction. But the problem is this uses up prana too!!! So you're trying to fight the chaos of prana using prana. How stupid. 

The more prana you use up, the less prana you have to try and control the pranic forces in such a way that it becomes stable. So the problem here is, how do you control the prana without using prana? How do you conservatively control your usage of prana, and only apply the prana when needed? If this is possible, this is how procrastination is resolved (for me anyway, not sure about others). 

Has anyone got any books on managing and controlling prana? Very in depth mechanics, methods and practices on mastering the flow of prana? Golden flower meditation comes to mind. 

I'm not looking for PD books. PD is too superficial for my personal problem. Its at best a band aid solution that flops off after a few days. 

@electroBeam May I ask you where you feel this specific feeling of procrastination / adhd in your body? 

I've read that the solar plexus stores prana on the net, and want to get into Hatha-Yoga relatively soon. 

For instance I am going with my personal pratice there and if I recall correctly, shinzen also mentions that. You can re-train your nervous system. I especially feel that when I do his technique that this is possible. There are two kinds of nervous systems PNS and SNS. I never dug deep into it besides from a holistic coach on YouTube.

Who combines PD with a lot of pratical scientific approaches and unconvential systems from the east.

I just notice in daily meditation practice how subtle tensions stirs my behaviour and brain, especially to do and react to certain aspects. 

https://youtu.be/KlpXGXZ_dT0

(Won't embed the video, here Shinzen talks about the relationship of the brain with the body, in a bit more detail, hence the title) 

Especially, by going with intuition here or hunches, my compulsivness and "neurotic" tendencies have been greatly reduced by my meditation pratice. Also, work outs and more healthy foods, feels like it's retraining my nervous system. But the process is so slow. 

Any thoughts similar to this? 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Dont know much about prana but procrastination is usually a result of no motivation or drive to do the task. 

Are you the INTP personality type? because your needs will be different depending on the person.

Might want to look into INTP procrastination, why this happens and how to go about it. The pattern is usually high inspiration and motivation to do something for 2 weeks then a complete loss of interest. up down... Need motivation to do things. Leo the INTP master has transcended all this. 

From my experience with a INTP friend, super intelligence, capable of anything, but incapable of actually doing anything, 0, but when put in a group activity, in a community, he gets highly motivated and its sustained for the duration of the project. Needs to be a situation where he likes what hes doing and people are depending on him. Team work.  

In general doe, need to set up environment for success, create a routine, "going to work on x for 1 hour at this time everyday" and organize todos. Doing things when you feel like it will never happen, unless its all transcended, where willpower and discipline no longer exist. 

There is also a book called "Getting things done" useful, here is a summary

and the author talking about things... that happens to be also related to the coolest concept alive

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?