Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hikmatshiraliyev

Ego traps and jealousy

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i am pretty much newbie at self-improvement work. 

I was a procrastinator for 3-4 years, mental masturbation was the biggest enemy of me. At the same time, i found lots of good stuff on internet, online courses, websites, books and so on. My main problem was acting. 

Nowadays, i have started to act. But, i have a problem about sharing. I have lots of great resources to use, and they are enough to me for next 5 years. When i want to share it, there is a feeling that doesn't let me share. I compare myself to others a lot, and jealousy problems. Every time, when i feel that i share. But the feeling doesn't change. Should i start working on my emotions or even after emotional mastery there will be obvious ego traps like this? Maybe i feel like a victim, i feel like if anybody use this resources he/she will be more successful than me. Maybe the problem is here. 

What is your advice for me?

I'd suggest that you share stuff even when the feeling of jealousy arises, the more you do it, the easier it usually gets and you might feel a bit proud of yourself for sharing even when you know that you might feel jealous/envious. "Comparison is the thief of joy", working on your emotions and the thought bundles lurking behind them, is a good idea. Practicing gratitude, love and compassion (there are meditations for that too) can turn things around for you. In a way, you're then practicing to be more self-less, by loving and accepting what is including your feelings that you perceive as "negative". It's all part of the journey of personal & spiritual growth. Contemplating those feelings and thoughts, writing down limiting beliefs and digging deeper into that would be beneficial too. You could ask yourself questions like... How would I feel, if I let comparision and jealousy be/go? - Would it maybe even accelerate my personal & spiritual growth? What would I lose & gain if I let go of it? What would happen if I accepted those things as they are? What exactly is this jealousy and comparison made of? - What is it in its nature?

It's good that you've started acting, keep at it :)

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

First of all, well done on starting to take action, this is often the hardest step and biggest roadblock!

I think a good point to start is to clearly identify the problem. 

54 minutes ago, hikmatshiraliyev said:

When i want to share it, there is a feeling that doesn't let me share. I compare myself to others a lot, and jealousy problems.

55 minutes ago, hikmatshiraliyev said:

Maybe i feel like a victim, i feel like if anybody use this resources he/she will be more successful than me.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but these seem to point towards you undervaluing your opinion, and overvaluing others. 

55 minutes ago, hikmatshiraliyev said:

What is your advice for me?

My advice would be to look into self-esteem. There is a very good book by Nathaniel Brandon called "the 6 pillars of self esteem". It has some practical exercises in there too that can help prime yourself on taking action in real life.
Give that a shot, see if it resonates with you. :)