memocappa

Enlightenment is not a Something to Achieve. But Then What is It?

8 posts in this topic

Most people would describe it as an experience, but it might be more helpful to think of it as an experience of tuning in to intuition - highest level of knowledge that’s accessible to all of us. If you’re using analytical logic, words or thoughts in this process, you’re not accessing intuition. Einstein said it well: The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. 

People who talk about enlightenment experience are talking about experiencing this “state of being” for a brief amount of time. But this doesn’t mean that someone is enlightened. There is no trophy to win. Once you know what it’s like, you know that it’s a paradigm shift.

I know from experience that analytical mind still needs to be convinced (typical us, huh?), so for that, my only recommendation is to set aside an hour or two per week, and do this:

1. Stop watching YouTube (Sorry Leo)
  2. Be relax and be comfortable
  3. Meditate for a short while
  4. Ask a question
  5. Listen to the answers.
  6. Contemplate (using a journal first) 
  7. Cycle through 4. to 7.

Answers will come to you in as symbols, images, sounds, memories but NOT as words, thoughts, sentences, logical explanations or judgements. 

I think I heard Alan Watts saying this: There is no path to enlightenment, but only a fool doesn't walk it. When this sentence makes a perfect sense to you, then you know. You’ll also know why it didn’t make much sense in the past.

Much love. 

PS: For 4. and 5., Leo has some good videos, it might be helpful to jump start your technique. 

@memocappa :D nice post.. yes that is it.  Like the Alan Watts quote too.   He speaks of Pure Being.  In which there all dualities collapse and there is only One Oneness.

The only thing I would add is that you CAN discover that you are God.   A mystical experience may reveal this or other facets of God to you and your mind will open.

The trophy is there to find.  And you will find that you had it the whole time.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Drake140 There is nothing wrong with the logic, but logic is not the highest form of knowledge. I’m talking about knowing without knowing how you know. That’s a paradigm shift for the logical thinker. I think logic is extremely useful in finding good questions like — “what is intuition?”

@Drake140 I think it’s fine to think of it as a feeling, but I’d avoid assigning a name all together, because that’s the sneaky logic  labeling things :) 

I’d  like to think of logical mind is as being a servant. It’s a translator (one might argue it’s also a tool for conscious reflection, reasoning, etc. I got no objection there). If you accept my argument, perhaps, it’s helpful to sleep on the question of “what is it translating?”. Is it just feelings as you said, or a little more than that? 

Have you contemplated on “how do we feel?” It was very insightful for me. 

Edited by memocappa

God-awareness is Self-knowing, Self-illuminating. Enlightenment is not a experience, it's a living Truth. You can become directly conscious and aware of God and that God is I and Everything.

Non-dual-awareness is the end of ego-awarness and the ego-mind aka "You" and everything "you" knew. It's however liberation, a new beginning.

The concept of god is still a concept, it’s theory on essence. But we’re stuck with words, don’t we? Thank you @Inliytened1, I enjoy reading your posts.

For others who’re reading this thread, hear this from Rumi:

There are guides who can show you the way. Use them. But they will not satisfy your longing. Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don’t claim them. Feel the artistry moving through, and be silent.”