Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yahya

Stress management.

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a grade 10 student. I want to share you my story about stress and depression. Whenever I get any assignments from school I always stress about them and get depressed because of them. However, since I started self-actualizing Leo said to his audience to not stress out and do not get depressed. I do not agree with Leo because when I stress on assignments and tests in my school than I do better on them. When I don't stress on assignments and tests in my school then I fail on them. My question is should I allow myself to stress out in order to have an excellent progress in school or I should not stress out in order to have a failure progress in school?

Thank you.

Hi Yahya, I am mindful you are 15 and this is what I wish I knew about stress when I was that age:

"When I stress on assignments I do better on them." - You are correctly using the energy of stress if this is the case. Well done.

When there is stress in the body, it is always for a reason. Rule out the bodily issue of dehydration, and then from there if one feels stress one should be feeling 'energised' by something in the environment.

If done wisely, stress can be a way of life. I think you are using your stress wisely.

Stress is not to be avoided like there is something wrong with it. People are hung up that stress is the cause of all illnesses in the world and mental issues; it's never stress, its ALWAYS how and IF the energy is properly utilised creatively.

This goes for all emotions; anger, sadness, joy. One must use the emotion.

So my friend, continue with this insight. For more reading you can read up on Osho, "Stress can be a way of life.":

it sounds like you're currently using stress as your motivator which seems to be working for you at the moment. once you become more self aware and accept your strengths and weaknesses, you won't have to stress so much as it'll start to fall into place naturally. effort is necessary of course but stress isn't once we've had enough experience. you don't stress tying your shoe laces anymore do you? 

@Yahya also mistakes shouldn't be taken as failure unless you give up or don't attempt. as long as we persist we will eventually succeed at anything and sometimes we'll even surprise ourselves of what we can accomplish.