Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dylan Page

Understanding the Limits of Models and Knowledge

24 posts in this topic

@purerogue 

Yes I generally agree with what you are saying, but then I have to ask, if the only way to go about life is to go about it, what should I do in it? That question is comically difficult to answer when you don't understand the essence of reality, and that is my goal here. As to whether it is actually possible, I have literally no idea, but Leo seems to think that it is and he is very capable of using logic and reason efficiently while also believing these things that don't really make sense to me (and that is apparently because they are outside the realm of reason). So, I am giving it my best shot here. 

20 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

@Joseph Maynor Yes I agree, science is extremely useful given the context is right, but my interests lie in understanding literally everything, which goes beyond context, there isn't any context anymore, there is all contexts and no context at the same time. That's where I am starting to think that a "theory of everything" is impossible in the scientific sense.

You will have to give up your whole existence for it, any ideas, beliefs of it , everything that you are holding to, that means detaching from mind.

"Theory of everything" will be of no use to you anyway. 

It is like Truth for Truth sake, but there is nothing more you can do with it. 

Edited by purerogue

Well I think that the knowledge would have many implications. It might alleviate my strong fear of death, and of the question "what am I to do with this life?". Obviously it won't tell me how to file my taxes or get women but I still think that there is some value. @purerogue

9 minutes ago, Dylan Page said:

Well I think that the knowledge would have many implications. It might alleviate my strong fear of death, and of the question "what am I to do with this life?". Obviously it won't tell me how to file my taxes or get women but I still think that there is some value. @purerogue

Maybe there is for you , I personally had to erase it from my memory because I knew that I will not be able to live normal life with this knowledge for whatever reason it was, or whatever choices I had. 

Edited by purerogue