Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex bAlex

Self-remembering

6 posts in this topic

Is it self-remembering, as taught by Ouspensky, the same as self inquiry (enquiry)? 

Seems similar to me. 

Thanks 

Edited by Alex bAlex

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

On 5/5/2019 at 10:14 PM, Alex bAlex said:

Is it self-remembering, as taught by Ouspensky, the same as self inquiry (enquiry)? 

Seems similar to me. 

Thanks 

Inquiry as I understand it includes both self Observation and Self Remembering 

IMG_0205.PNG

2nd state; aka -- Autopilot                                                                                                      Itoklanoz Awareness

3rd state ;  aka --3 Centered Awareness, 3 Centered knowing, Self Remembering     Fulasnitamnian Awareness

What is Self Remembering Rupert Spira

https://non-duality.rupertspira.com/read/what_is_selfremembering_200

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

3 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

IMG_0205.PNG

Thank you @tsuki @Zigzag Idiot

Great explanation but I am a bit confused about the message in the picture above. Ouspensky is talking about the law of seven (the men no 1,2,3,4....7)   and that the men become aware at the number 4. The first 3 are mechanical, emotional and intellectual. 

In the picture above the awareness is gained at men no 3.  Do I confuse something here? Is this a teaching by a different author or school? 

@Alex bAlex The above diagram is just referencing 4 different states of consciousness. Human #1, #2, and #3 who are all operating out of a dominance of one of the three centers -- instinctual/moving, feeling, or Intellectual are all asleep. When the centers start coming into balance, they become human #4 (balanced human) and start experiencing true compassion, brief periods of Self Remembering and Witness Consciousness, and tastes of higher states. Human #5 is in a steady existence of 3 Centered Awareness and is starting to become paranormal with heightened intuition moving into a capacity for clairvoyance with opening of third eye. 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn