oMarcos

Chronic Tension (Any advice Leo?)

3 posts in this topic

I'll turn 26 this august, and I remember very well the first time it came for good, when I was 20 years old, and since that very moment it has been with me. I prefer call it Tension rather than pain, and even though is not always the same amount of tension, I always have it. It's on the left side of my head, and  I can notice that the tension also reaches the left side of my face and in some ocasions my mouth can move involuntarily for the left. In a sense, feels like I've been in some sort of sleep, like I'm still sleeping and I've never been awoke like I was before this tension. Also, I could feel more emotions before... so it's sort of numbness that comes along with it, my emotions gained less quality.

It came in a very particular moment (nothing to serious tbh), but that  moment triggered something in me that without my control I've turned on some flight-or-fight reaction in my nervous system and the tension never left ever since. And before that I had already anxiety issues and OCD, so I can imagine how everything is co-related and chained. 

This tension is also the reason why I've gain interest in meditation, magick, and general consciousness work, somehow I had the intuition that this could be the answer. I've came across with Alejandro Jodorowsky psychomagic method to cure diseases, he stated that preety much all disease is created by the mind/ego in some fashion. I also remember Leo stating that the difference between feeling and thought are none (or the same). So if the mind awakes, the disease can be healed, I suppose.  

I've also had brain scan, and they found nothing, they told me to have some heavy medicine for serotonin stimulation but I refused... 

I am currently doing meditation practices and breathing exercises, and I can notice that it calms down the tension, but never to the point that it will make it stop...

So I wonder, have you already healed yourself in some alternative way?

Edited by oMarcos

Just going to say I've suffered through OCD. I haven't relaxed for almost 2 years. I can feel all this tension strongly in my gut and everywhere else as well. I've always struggled with feeling guilt. I know some people are a lot more prone to it. Perhaps go see a really good psychologist, talk with them and see if they can pinpoint any deep mental issues you need to work on. 

Recently I was getting a lot of tension in my neck leading to chronic daily headaches. I did a flotation tank also known as sensory deprivation tank and it went the next day. Must of been from stress. I find them really good for releasing tension from the body, also you can go quite deep meditating in one. Not everyone will get the same benefits but worth looking into as they helped me. Also have you tried yoga?