mystic

Dealing With Stress

34 posts in this topic

Hello to everybody,

my question for you is how do you deal with moments with high levels of stress. When you have to make a presentation for example.

It has been a huge problem for me for the last years and I still have not found a solution.

Thank you!

Pranayamas is the key, it brings you gently in the present moment where there is no room for stress.

For example a few bastrika`s before the presentation and you`ll be fine. @mystic

@mystic I first try to identify what's causing the stress specifically and focus on what's in my power to help it

For example, if I was really nervous about a presentation I'd notice maybe I'm feeling really shy about talking in front of people, then to help that is focus my attention on enjoying the presentation itself and not thinking about the whole audience thing, I'd focus on presenting it so I understand it and get really into it, naturally the audience would then feel more at ease and understand it better too 

If there's an exam I haven't revised for as much and I'm stressed, instead of thinking about being perfect on all the test I just focus on how much I can get out there from what I do already know, and I end up feeling more comfortable about the whole thing 

In the book 7 habits of highly effective people, it mentions how to focus on your circle of influence rather than your circle of concern, only that which you have control over, rather than every issue that just enters your awareness, when you do that, your circle of influence ends up increasing, so this just reminded me of what I just said above 

Thank you guys! Breath of fire really helps a lot

On 4/22/2016 at 1:05 PM, mystic said:

Hello to everybody,

my question for you is how do you deal with moments with high levels of stress. When you have to make a presentation for example.

It has been a huge problem for me for the last years and I still have not found a solution.

Thank you!

mystic, there was a time when i went through the same experiences, after awakening to the reality of who and what i am, all things change, i began to speak and act from a different place of being, and then i could do what i did, and speak from a place within with passion.  Now i have no problem speaking or doing what i do, it is very liberating to experience life this way.  The solution is within yourself, seek it there.

@charlie2dogs: Thank you for your response. I really believe that the solution is within myself, but I do not know how to look for it.. Meditation and yoga help a lot but I still believe that I am missing something more.

you are most welcome, mystic, yogi is great for you, stay with it, in your meditation, try this, have no purpose for the meditation, don't try to still the mind as that isn't going to happen like you may have been told, but just sit quietly, and still in the beginning, and be with the life force that is in and around your body, just be one with it and that's it.  There will be no stress there. Don't try to do it for long periods of time, just a few minutes but really be one with the source of your being.  As time passes something will happen within yourself, and after a while you can experience this place of being as you go about your daily activities, for now anytime you sense a feeling of stress, take 2 minutes, 5 what ever you have and do the same.  When stress arises in the body, it is because you are giving your attention to something that is creating stress.  Immediately upon sensing the beginning of the stress, start training yourself to move your attention to something pleasant, something beautiful and peaceful.   You can do that by being still with your core being or even by putting your attention on something in your life that you really love or something that means a great deal to you,  The stress will immediately begin to subside and go away, it is only there because you are giving something attention that is stressing your body.  I have helped several people with stress by this way of doing things it will work for you.  I will do some work for you also, just be open to it, and work with what i gave you here, you will overcome i promise you.

@charlie2dogs Your willingness to help moves me deeply. I really have to thank you for that! I will try what you suggested and come back to tell you how I feel. Thank you again.

15 minutes ago, mystic said:

@charlie2dogs Your willingness to help moves me deeply. I really have to thank you for that! I will try what you suggested and come back to tell you how I feel. Thank you again.

take some time, be patient, in the space of your true beingness , there is no stress, no pain, no sorrow , just peace.

I remember when the time I have presentation , one of my effective technique is "emotionless focus". I'm not sure it's a good technique, but I used that technique when Im nervous in front of audience. It's simple, just focus of what you are doing with no emotion, and very mindful that whatever the result or happening during the presentation you are trying to be like quick, hard and just do it through a way.

I only feel stressed when my mind freaks out. It's mostly caused by having no structure. 

What worked for me is simple:

- go for a walk

- meditation

- set up plans (structure)

- visualize problems, find solutions

Especially for presentations it really helped me to feel save with what I'm going to say. I also imagine which questions will come. Feeling informed and well prepared will help you feeling confident.

@mystic sedona method 

1. feel the emotion 

2. ask yourself could I let go of the emotion

3. ask yourself would I let go of the emotion 

4. ask yourself when would I let go of the emotion. 

Repeat the steps till the emotions passed

Personally, 'do nothing' meditation helped me a lot to cope with stress. You just let whatever happens happen and with time you stop to take your thoughts so seriously ;).

First of all I have to thank you all for your replies.

I have to note that I am talking about stress that comes on certain moments. This is why I gave an example of a presentation. 

I feel that stress drains me so much that I cannot stand it anymore..

7 hours ago, mystic said:

First of all I have to thank you all for your replies.

I have to note that I am talking about stress that comes on certain moments. This is why I gave an example of a presentation. 

I feel that stress drains me so much that I cannot stand it anymore..

when you become your true being, you will have power over stress, and everything else in your life. problem solved :) HI Mystic

@charlie2dogs I am trying to follow your instructions! I am wondering how long would it take to see the results..

5 hours ago, mystic said:

@charlie2dogs I am trying to follow your instructions! I am wondering how long would it take to see the results..

I wish there was an easy answer to that but it isnt, it could be very quickly and it could take some period of time, it all hinges on you but you should see some results rather quickly at least in feeling more centered, calmer,  when consciousness becomes so attached to the physical body that it thinks it is the body, it has become disassociated from its true state of being.  Then it has to awaken to the reality of its true state of being after some period of time, most often after a very long time as the identity, but for you to have the interest in your personal growth that you do is a sign that the consciousness is awakening.  The single most important thing that you can do now is, to take short periods of time and simply be still and be quiet and feel the presence of the life force within you, this is the key.  Don't try to do this for long periods of time, keep it to fifteen to maybe thirty minutes, but really focus on the life force within.  You can also spend time contemplating yourself, seeking the answer to things like, who am I really, what is this force that is keeping this body alive, how did i get here, did i exist before this body, what will happen after i leave this body, direct these questions and others toward the life force within you. It will bring changes, but the whole idea of self realization is to drop the attachment to the identity and experience the real part of yourself and that is the life force that is guiding your body and life.  It is your attachment to the body that is keeping you from the experience of the self.  The most simple way of regaining your true state of being is to intentionally spend time with the real you, it will cause a greater awakening.  You will have to trust what you are dong, be faithful to it, and it will bring results, there will be a lot of things that try to interfere with what you are doing so the desire must be present for change to come.  Believe in yourself, everything you need to succeed in life is within your own being, tap into it.  There will come a time for you when you will no longer seek the teachings, philosophies and doctrine, paths, writings, of others because the master within you will be your teacher and guide. In this process be careful how you subject yourself to the ideas and beliefs of others, because most all of the people you know have not touched upon this themselves and the most they can give you is ideas and beliefs about what they think.  Everything you need to self realize is right within yourself.  The real master is within you, seek it, spend time with it, it will do the work for you.  Save this text and read it often,  I am not trying to teach you philosophies and doctrines here, i am only pointing you to the source of your own being and that is the key to self realization.  Those who would hinder you in this work you may have to walk away from for period of time, because if you subject yourself to the negativity of others it will have an affect on you, when you are stronger what other people do won't bother you.  You are only responsible for your own awakening, but once awakened you may be able to point friends or family in the right direction for liberation also.  Set your eyes on the life force within and dont stop until you are it, functioning as a being of consciousness and not a human identity.  Trust yourself, be strong, and never give up.

@charlie2dogs I really dont know what to say. I am almost 30 years old, and I cannot remember the last time I cried. As I read your post I burst into tears. I have suffered for so long. Your words give me strength. You speak direct to my heart.

I am so thankful..

29 minutes ago, mystic said:

@charlie2dogs I really dont know what to say. I am almost 30 years old, and I cannot remember the last time I cried. As I read your post I burst into tears. I have suffered for so long. Your words give me strength. You speak direct to my heart.

I am so thankful..

you are most welcome,  the identity body is causing a lot of suffering for untold millions, but one can detach from the pain body, and begin to heal inside, then the outer will conform to the inner.  Don't worry you will get there, just be patient and do the work i talked to you about, it has already begun to change.  later

@charlie2dogs after two months I still cannot make it. I try to do what you suggested but I think that I am failing. I am setting my eyes on the life force within. When I am alone it is easy to do, but when I interact with others, I cannot. I feel like I live completely mechanically. I don't control myself. What else should I do?