Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad Ropotica

Getting Desperate

27 posts in this topic

I am doing enlightment exercises for about one month and a week,but i started to ask myself if i really gonna achieve this,is enlightenment really achieved by spontaneous luck , or you need to feel somehow before it starts? i know there's no me who will get enlightened ,i keep telling me that all that i feel,think are just perceptions,and i question ''who am i '', and i know that i just started to do this,but...i still feel that i'm going nowhere...can someone please help me with some advice? (sorry for my english)

Edited by Vlad Ropotica

1 hour ago, Vlad Ropotica said:

I am doing enlightment exercises for about one month and a week,but i started to ask myself if i really gonna achieve this,is enlightenment really achieved by spontaneous luck , or you need to feel somehow before it starts? i know there's no me who will get enlightened ,i keep telling me that all that i feel,think are just perceptions,and i question ''who am i '', and i know that i just started to do this,but...i still feel that i'm going nowhere... (sorry for my english)

@Vlad Ropotica Wanting or expecting enlightenment to happen is not so good. Yes, it can happen through "spontaneous luck". A shift in consciousness needs to happen.  You say you know there is no you. Have you ever experienced "no you" ? To let everything that you think of as you vanish into thin air as if you never existed? Try sitting silently and become non-existent. Not just think it, become non-existent. Let what is you vanish without a trace. If it feels scary to you, your doing it correctly. See what happens.

2 hours ago, Vlad Ropotica said:

I am doing enlightment exercises for about one month and a week,but i started to ask myself if i really gonna achieve this,is enlightenment really achieved by spontaneous luck , or you need to feel somehow before it starts? i know there's no me who will get enlightened ,i keep telling me that all that i feel,think are just perceptions,and i question ''who am i '', and i know that i just started to do this,but...i still feel that i'm going nowhere... (sorry for my english)

@Vlad Ropotica Experienced "no-self".  It was scary the first time to let go like that but amazing too.

1 minute ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

"Enlightenment is an accident. Meditation makes you accident prone." -Zen saying

Excellent!

16 minutes ago, Vlad Ropotica said:

@cetus56 thanks for the advice,Have you experienced the enlightemnent?

@Vlad Ropotica There is no one who has not experienced a moment of enlightenment in there life.

@cetus56 Last three days i had some amazing shifts,i realized how the perceptions are going nowhere,the idea of no free will,and i think i realized what's the meaning of the question ''who am i'' ,which meditation made you experience ''no-self'' ? You were really seeking enlightment then?

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

There is no one who has not experienced a moment of enlightenment in there life.

you mean like when you were a child? 

@Vlad Ropotica It's all in the letting go of "self". You could spend the rest of your life doing meditation and maybe enlightenment will happen and maybe not. If you do it as "I am meditating" it will definitely get you nowhere.

2 minutes ago, Vlad Ropotica said:

you mean like when you were a child? 

Exactly!  Remember?

Its hard for me to remember something like that,i just remember loving Naruto(a cartoon) ,i said that because when you are a child your mind is not identified with many things,and life is not ''good or bad'',just it is

Edited by Vlad Ropotica

Its hard for me to remember something like that,i just remember loving Naruto(a cartoon) ,i said that because when you are a child your mind is not identified with many things,and life is not ''good or bad'',just it is

Yes-    "i said that because when you are a child your mind is not identified with many things,and life is not ''good or bad'',just it is"   Beautifully said!

So...what should i do? :)) ,should i ''undo''my belief system or something?

So...what should i do? :)) ,should i ''undo''my belief system or something?

When I said to experience yourself as if you didn't exist, that means EVERYTHING! Like a child. No self, just pure awareness. I told you it was going to get scary.

@Vlad Ropotica You built an illusory ego self identity since you were a child. A personal identity of "me". Now you need to break that down. Throw it out!

@cetus56 As long as i understand how can i do that

Let go of it! Only you can do this. I'm doing it now just thinking about it. If feels freaky but really nice at the same time. Once you experience no-self the first time, it's easy to get back to when you want to. The first time is the hardest because we resist letting go like that. You'll know it when it happens.