Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huz

The Do Nothing Monkey Mind

16 posts in this topic

When in the midst of the do nothing technique and experiencing a monkey on cocaine in your mind, if you start to resist the monkey isn't that just the monkey trying to resist itself so that's why you shouldn't resist the resistance. Because it's not you. But isn't the you trying to resist the resistance the monkey mind again? It's and endless cycle haha. So if you find yourself urging to resist your mind it's ok because that's just your monkey mind and you should just surrender yourself to it, right?

Edited by Huz88

10 hours ago, Huz88 said:

So if you find yourself urging to resist your mind it's ok because that's just your monkey mind and you should just surrender yourself to it, right?

Yes, completely let go. Let anything be okay and see what happens. I'm doing the "Do Nothing" technique now for 7-8 months and I'm at complete peace for most the time, meaning that I sometimes want to begin to cry because breathing alone is completing me so much in every second of my meditation. No kidding. I still have thoughts but they do just what they do and I'm okay by default. It's really beautiful - this technique.

Also, during the day you will just start to detach from the drama that your thoughts bring up all the time. Like the "all or nothing" situations that are presented to you a lot - and are bullshit over-exaggerations most of the time.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Arik wow, that sounds awesome! I Got couple of questions for ya

Were you doing any previous mediation techniques before or have you started using this one? What was your psychological state like before starting meditation? I was an emotional, panic/anxious prone depressant and have done about 6 months on mindfulness mediation and its created so much space in my and got me out of the depression :D But have you got any tips that i could use, like any specific spiritual techniques that could broaden my practice.

I like this technique because i get small glimpses of experiencing what it is like not living from a mind-body

32 minutes ago, Huz88 said:

Were you doing any previous mediation techniques before or have you started using this one? What was your psychological state like before starting meditation?

Yep, I did the "detach from your thoughts"-technique Leo described in his earlier meditation video for 1-2 months. Then I mainly did self-inquiry for 2-3 months and when Leo made the "Do Nothing" and "Strong Determination Sitting" videos I started practicing these techniques together and haven't stopped, because they brought and still bring me the most success / inner peace / understanding of my own nature.

I sometimes try out other techniques, recently I did a lot of Zazen breath-counting. But my local dojo told me that's an distraction and I should just do nothing. And, I gotta say they are right. If you really want to break through with inner peace, spirituality and master your life, sit yourself in front of the wall and make a commitment to do this daily for the rest of your life. Every other thing your minds tries to convince you to do, mostly is a distraction I figured out for myself. You don't need a technique to get somewhere. You need some non-doing. You are where you want to be altogether. And "Do Nothing" makes you realize that.

You come very soon to a state in which this becomes your favorite thing do to. That's the case for me.

I started this whole journey about a year ago. I was completely frantic, mildly depressive and completely negative-minded about everything while being pretty successful in life. That's the joke about me. If I would tell you just the facts you would've said: I'm doing more then great. But I did horrible.

Basically this enlightenment journey and doing nothing brought me to a very relaxed, calm, happy and understanding place. I found a whole new game to play and I love it. This is my number one thing and I think about it and practice it in every free minute I have. And I'm progressing faster then I thought is possible.

So, have fun! B|

@Arik Thanks a lot for your advice! Was very insightful and helpful. Very exciting to hear the mastery you have developed through this technique.

At the end of the session? What's your procedure. Do you "analysis" the meditation to see what you got out of that sit? Or do you just carry on with the day?

Edited by Huz88

3 minutes ago, Huz88 said:

At the end of the session? What's your procedure. Do you "analysis" the meditation to see what you got out of that sit? Or do you just carry on with the day?

Sometimes a meditation inspires me deeply or made me realize new perspectives, then I probably think about that after it. But I have no procedure. I just go on. At some point I just realized that it doesn't make a difference whether I try to get into a deep meditative state, try to realize whatever or try to get enlightened. You are there where you want to be. And when you find this never-changing notion that lets reality exist and get in contact with that again, all the neurotic behaviors go by themselves.

I needed year to understand that. The problem with trying to get something out of meditation is this: With that kind of mindset you will never get it. Because ask yourself this: When will be the point when you will be there? What must happen? You want to experience hardcore spiritual experiences, reality breaking into pieces right before you? You can have such things with meditation. I had this. And this will still not enlighten you. You think its something like that.

But it is that, that allows the super-spiritual experience and the super-bored just sitting around experience to arise. Find that, and you don't have to chase anything anymore.

Cheers to you, :P

3 hours ago, Arik said:
  •  
3 hours ago, Arik said:

3 hours ago, Arik said:

But it is that, that allows the super-spiritual experience and the super-bored just sitting around experience to arise. Find that, and you don't have to chase anything anymore.

I am a but confused, do you mean the stage when become contempt of doing nothing? There is no goal to chase for enlightenment because you are happy in the present moment and also because you are it right now 

41 minutes ago, Huz88 said:

I am a but confused, do you mean the stage when become contempt of doing nothing?

Nope, dig deeper. :P What is present when you are fed up in thoughts, present-minded, in action, sleeping? What is constant about all these experiences?

4 hours ago, Arik said:

Awareness, been constant and unchanged since birth

Edited by Huz88

43 minutes ago, Huz88 said:

There is no goal to chase for enlightenment because you are happy in the present moment and also because you are it right now 

Who wants to become enlightened when you ask that question? Who is this entity? Find that before you enlighten it. O.o

1 minute ago, Huz88 said:

Awareness, been constant and unchanged since birth

Since birth? Who told you this? If everything you tell yourself what you are comes up in awareness, how do you want to make a statement about what awareness is, if what you think you are is a product of it?

Investigate that.

My first question always is why are you meditating?

What are you trying to accomplish?

What does meditation really mean?

And lastly has meditation really done you any good outside of a relaxation exercise?