Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leintdav000

Completely fasting Saturday & Sunday, then intermediate fasting Monday-Friday?

3 posts in this topic

Ok, so I've found for my body, fasting is a miracle... I've been doing intermediate fasting for a year or so now with awesome results. I've found that I feel at least 2x faster, smarter, and sharper, and my sex drive is through the roof when I don't eat! As soon as I consume food, I immediately feel slower, less vital, etc. I'm reading about the 5:2 method, and I'm curious if there's any benefit to combining the two... Monday-Friday I intermediate fast with a 6-hour eating window--3500 calories total; Saturday and Sunday I don't eat at all... this is easy for me, I usually end up just force feeding myself food because of gym/ weight gain goals. Is there any benefit to this, or is this just overkill? 

Is like that at first. But fasting has its purpose, just like a pinch of salt, no more. Otherwise fasting every week 2-3 days is unhealthy in the long run.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@leintdav000 Hi. I fast as well.  Ive been doing intermittently fasting for 12 months, and I've lost 17kgs. 

Ive looked at the 5:2 method as well, but I was thinking of switching from what I'm doing now. I know the caloric swing from very low to normal is what the fat loss depends on. I'm not sure that adding more fasting would be helpful as your body may go into starvation mode and hold calories and body fat. Just thinking. ??