Andreas

How long is it going to take before religion is gone?

195 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Not to my knowledge. 

if you still know then that is irrational in itself...how can you know if you are irrational or not and reference it with not knowing?

Just now, now is forever said:

if you still know then that is irrational in itself...how can you know if you are irrational or not and reference it with not knowing?

What are you talking about? It’s irrational to not know if I was irrational? Stop trying to twist my words. 

1 minute ago, Andreas said:

What are you talking about? It’s irrational to not know if I was irrational? Stop trying to twist my words. 

you can’t know what you don’t know, it was about that. the statement: „not to my knowledge“ is a self referring belief. it says: „i know because that’s all i know“.

1 minute ago, now is forever said:

you can’t know what you don’t know, it was about that. the statement: „not to my knowledge“ is a self referring belief. it says: „i know because that’s all i know“.

Absolutely not. I said what I said, that I don’t know. Don’t pull it out of context. 

I can kill a man and regret it. It doesn’t make it wrong for me to say that it’s wrong to kill a man. 

Absolutely not. I said what I said, that I don’t know. Don’t pull it out of context. 

I can kill a man and regret it. It doesn’t make it wrong for me to say that it’s wrong to kill a man. 

yeah and how is this rational?

3 minutes ago, now is forever said:

yeah and how is this rational?

How is it not?!

I can say that 2+2=3. And then be wrong. 

It doesn’t mean that it’s irrational for me to say that 2+2=4. 

Edited by Andreas

2 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@Andreas because there is a difference between rationality and rationality.

5C3DAF16-8FDA-42E8-AF62-FF09671FEDDB.jpeg

I know that. How am I being irrational for not remembering when I was irrational? There is a difference in being hypocritical and irrational. And IF I was being hypocritical I wouldn’t even accept my own mistake which I did not even remember. What’s your point?

6 minutes ago, Andreas said:

I know that. How am I being irrational for not remembering when I was irrational? There is a difference in being hypocritical and irrational. And IF I was being hypocritical I wouldn’t even accept my own mistake which I did not even remember. What’s your point?

i‘m referring to the point that it’s also just a belief system. you tell yourself you are rational and know you are rational while you belief you are rational being emotional. that’s irrational.

now you know.

Edited by now is forever

i‘m referring to the point that it’s also just a belief system. you tell yourself you are rational and know you are rational while you belief you are rational being emotional. that’s irrational.

How is that a point? It’s faith with evidence yes. Doesn’t make it wrong, doesn’t make religion right. You can not prove I am irrational with rationality for stating that irrationality is irrational and therefore frustrates me. 

Saying that 1+1=2 is not irrational by the non-mathematical definition. Trying to prove it is irrational is in itself irrational. 

How is that a point? It’s faith with evidence yes. Doesn’t make it wrong, doesn’t make religion right. You can not prove I am irrational with rationality for stating that irrationality is irrational and therefore frustrates me. 

Saying that 1+1=2 is not irrational by the non-mathematical definition. Trying to prove it is irrational is in itself irrational. 

did i say something about proving religion right? no. all i wanted to show you is that: „not to my knowledge“ is not enough to proof that you are not irrational, assuming there is any rationality in life - life is highly irrational! even mathematically.

1 minute ago, now is forever said:

did i say something about proving religion right? no.

I suggest you read the title of this thread. That’s what it is supposed to be about. 

all i wanted to show you is that: „not to my knowledge“ is not enough to proof that you are not irrational, assuming there is any rationality in life - life is highly irrational! even mathematically.

I think you get my point. Faith is not built upon reason or logic, therefore it’s irrational. A lot of stuff in life is irrayional. Not everything. I can say with 100% certainty that 1+1=2. That IS a fact. 

If you are talking about the epistemological implifications of ego then yes, I can not know that im being irrational. But I can still feel frustration towards irrational people without being hypocritical as long as I hold myself up to that same standard. 

I suggest you read the title of this thread. That’s what it is supposed to be about. 

yes. it’s also about that - so how long will it take until science as a religion is gone? how long will it take until rationality as a religion is gone?

i don’t want to offend you or put you in a corner or something i just try to open your mind. 

Edited by now is forever

yes. it’s also about that - so how long will it take until science as a religion is gone? how long will it take until rationality as a religion is gone?

Not the name of this thread. Create a new thread if you want to talk about your problems with rationality. 

Not the name of this thread. Create a new thread if you want to talk about your problems with rationality. 

that’s kind of dogmatic. and prejudiced.

Edited by now is forever

that’s kind of dogmatic.

What? 

What? 

you define what religion is, that’s dogmatic. you never even tried to falsify rationality you only assume it as the right way - it’s a religion and you are dogmatic about it, being none.

Edited by now is forever

4 minutes ago, now is forever said:

you define what religion is, that’s dogmatic. you never even tried to falsify rationality you only assume it as the right way - it’s a religion and you are dogmatic about it, being none.

Here you go. I remember being thought this in primary school. I did not assume anything about rationality. Skjermbilde.PNG

@Andreas yes number three fits quite well, for both of us, doesn’t it xD

i guess a horse can’t stop shitting.

Edited by now is forever

3 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@Andreas yes number three fits quite well, doesn’t it xD

Nope. Rationality is not a cause, principle or an activity. It is also not something being pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion. 

9 minutes ago, now is forever said:

i guess a horse can’t stop shitting.

Attempting to stigmatize me to appear morally or intellectually superior will not make me take you seriously.