Patrick Lynam

life purpose course

3 posts in this topic

Im interested in leos life purpose course and Im interested in hearing some experiences people have had with it.  Also what in that context what do you guys think about this guys video  thanks!! :) 

On 4/16/2019 at 7:40 AM, Patrick Lynam said:

Im interested in leos life purpose course and Im interested in hearing some experiences people have had with it.  Also what in that context what do you guys think about this guys video  thanks!! :) 

He has a lot of interesting perspectives on how to approach things that you have an interest in, but that are not big passions. I'm going to be as unbiased as possible giving my response here, because I am currently taking the life purpose course and it is really having a profound effect on me, giving me clarity about who I am and what I want out of life. I'm going to try and limit references to the life purpose course directly, because it is content that one would need to purchase.

I think people glorify having a life purpose as much as people do with celebrities. He has a point. You don't need to glorify or stress about it, but trust in the process (if you do end up purchasing the course). You can pursue your main passion while discovering yourself in different activities. You have to tinker with different activities that "spark" something, like he says, and that is part of the life purpose discovery process. Then, when you're ready, you focus on one thing out of all those that you want to spend the most time on. Like I said, it doesn't have to be a stressful endeavor. Several things he mentions in the video are actually discussed in depth in the life purpose course. There is a lot more concepts in the course however.

The alternative to not pursuing a life purpose directly is what exactly? You stumbling through life learning different skills? Sure, you should know where your potential lies, but eventually you have to choose one thing that you want to do in life. The reason why you shouldn't pursue more than one passion in life is because it's just not practical. Modern western society takes pride in people that are a jack-of-all-trades, but all that does is give you more stress in my opinion. You don't have balance in your life if you pursue more than one thing, and if you decide to construct a business out of it, that's a lot more added work and time shaved off. You will never run out of work if you pursue one passion!

If you know yourself sooner than later, then that puts you in a better position to develop your craft for as long as your life-purpose demands. The life purpose course is designed to help you discover your values and life purpose. These things are not just for your career, but also for your entire life. Society is so career-driven that many think that passion is just a career thing, but actually it is not. The life-purpose course shows you that finding a purpose is much more than that.

I am currently finding my top 10 values in the course, and it made me cry several times when I gained clarity about what my values are. It really is that powerful, but you have to be humble and accepting of the process and do it right for you to get the most out of it. I cannot stress that enough. Hope this has given you insight enough for you to make a decision. I didn't touch upon all the points, because if I did, then this post would be more like an essay, because there is so much to cover! xD

Edited by c_wave_arts