CreamCat

What would it take for people to realize that fictions and paradigms are not truths?

5 posts in this topic

I see a lot of people conflate fictions and paradigms with absolute truths. They are too adamant and too numerous.

Would it take hundreds of years for them to realize that they are bullshiting themselves?

What purpose does it serve? Does God want to play the game of falsehood for fun? Or, do they exist because God would not be absolutely infinite without them?

Edited by CreamCat

The Mind doesn't know how to do much else other than white-knuckle cling or believe.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The Mind doesn't know how to do much else other than white-knuckle cling or believe.

I can understand that it is difficult to recognize bullshits for the first time. After the first time, it becomes easier and easier.

By the way, what do you mean by white knuckle? Do you mean this?

220px-Knuckles_the_Echidna.png

8 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

I can understand that it is difficult to recognize bullshits for the first time. After the first time, it becomes easier and easier.

By the way, what do you mean by white knuckle? Do you mean this?

220px-Knuckles_the_Echidna.png

White knuckle means hold on for dear life.  Like one might white knuckle a car's steering wheel.  It means not just cling to but cling hard to.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor