Patrick Lynam

psychotherapist

22 posts in this topic

I have taken psychedelics (lsd) two months ago . I was in a period of having mental illness and i SILL HAVE . I have generalized anxiety disorder , social anxiety disorder along with psychopathic urges , all of them are self diagnosed . the trip was very challenging in the first two times , I have taken like 50-60 ug in those two . But I had one big trip at 110ug . It was different ,really different . but still I had alot of work to do on my self. psychedelics might be beneficial   for you If you are developed enough ,having no mental illness , and having a good background in spirtuality and self actualization . these substances ,you may not be able to deal with . SO I don't recommend you to do any ,at least for now . work on yourself ,study psychology ,study happiness ,do meditation,these are more valuable than any psychiatrist

On 11.4.2019 at 2:10 PM, reves said:

I have tried both, I did psychotherapy for five years, at least one day a week, sometimes two. During that period I also used to smoke a lot of weed, which the therapist also knew of. She was not against me using it but also did not found it good, but during that period I used merely to escape the present situation I was living. I learn a lot of things, but I can now see in retrospective that I played a lot of ego games and it took me many time to talk the truth and not just mental masturbation to please the therapist or myself. And it only took me so far, after some time I just realized I could not go deeper so I stopped.

More recently I have been meditating, doing Kriya yoga *daily at least 30 minutes a day) and psychedelics (LSD and mushrooms) every three weeks or so. I can definitely feel the progress is faster than psychotherapy, specially after a psychedelics session. Psychedelics are just great, however I can also see that in the past I could have become addicted and easily deluded without all the work I did with the psychotherapy and other self-help stuff I have been doing prior I started doing the psychedelics session.

I would say that there are many therapist out there, and if you really want to try it you will find the right one.

Good luck!

Hi, have you done psychoanalysis or any other therapy?