Nathan leigh

Feeling lost/confused

10 posts in this topic

Hey all, recently I have been taking the self-actualization stuff more seriously in the sense that it is beginning to mean more to me than anything else that I know of or am involved in, but like many of you I like to use knowledge and wisdom on enlightenment/practise and so on from a variety of teachers. But recently as this becomes more serious I have noticed that taking advice from various sources often leaves me feeling confused and unsure of what methods to pour most of my focus into. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, thank you. :)

All I'll say is I know what you mean. One person says there is no self and you need to work to get rid of your ego. And the other sayings destroying the ego is egoic. Sadhguru seems to take a more human approach. He says there is only one person in the body, which is you. But then says we are all one. I find it incredibly confusing the same and don't know which way to turn.

@Nathan leigh Why don't you try to mix and match various teachings and see what works best for you?
Spirituality without application in everyday life gets dry very quickly.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Yeah I guess like anything else there just has to be the willingness to experiment and play around with different styles. Kriya and self-enquiry resonate with me the most at this time. 

Hi Nathan. (Un)fortunately, there is an ocean of self-help, self-improvement books out there made to tailor to all sorts of people. With 7 billion individuals and counting, there will never be one book or one internet subscription, that will nail down exactly the advice you need. 

Quite a few of the books I've read talk about intuition. Before your brain has time to start chattering away - trying to make sense of what you've read, applying cynicism and logic - you've probably already felt something about the thing you've read or seen. Stick with that feeling. Hard truths often resonate with us, before our monkey brain kicks in and starts to make up excuses :) 

Amazon (not necessarily the best place, but the first example that comes to my head) often allows you to sample chapters. If the chapter doesn't feel right to you, isn't striking any chords, then it's unlikely the next 14 will do anything for you. 

Edited by Cosmo

@Nahm See that's one of the tricky parts as I am a young guy, not financially independent as of yet etc, I feel pulled between the more Tony Robbins esque Go get it! Sort of life and the more simplistic silent, contemplative kind of life. I did very little high school and have always been an introvert interested in teaching my self, that led to an interest in spiritual teaching, metaphysics, actuallized.org! In that time I've had a string of awakenings that seem to be becoming more of a dominant way of life (falling into turquoise more if you like) but also have worldly desires and so forth. I understand that at some level it doesn't have to be one or the other. Maybe my bitching and so on has more to do with the fact that it's hard to really get this kind of advice from most of the people I've associated with thus far.

@Nathan leigh Ok. Then I’d say supporting yourself is immediate. Ideally with what you’re passionate about, what you want to pursue. If you don’t know what that is, use methods of discovery like the LP course. Or start as simply as writing down a list of what you know you don’t want, so reveal some framework or shed some light on what you do want. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE