Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aaron p

Anxiety and phychdelics

4 posts in this topic

SO. A little background...I made a post on here a short while ago about how I was going through a craptonne of suffering for like a week solid. Turns out it was pure anxiety. I had been smoking marijuana basically every [other] day for like, at least a year and also I feel like there was a lot of repressed anxiety to. It was pretty severe during that week or two when it all came up out of me and while I meditated it got worse, but I kept pushing through it and I'm glad I did. 

Phyc's are a massive help for spiritual stuff...and that is something I don't want to miss out on. However, I'm worried for my anxiety. During my first trip it was amazing with no anxiety until the end, but my second trip was absolutely terrifying anxiety. I'm now on anti-anxiety meds, and I want to get my current dose doubled. Do you guys think this with counteract the effects of the anxiety during a phyc trip? I'm laying off the grass. I really really want to use phycs. What are you guys recommendations?

My recommendation would be to lay off the psychedelics until the anxiety is dealt with, your plate is full of emotions you need to surrender to already it seems, no need to go back for seconds already 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

I'd also say deal with that first. Really try to stop using the weed for a while and see how things develop.

I'd say psychedelics might be a huge help to deal with anxiety but I think better play it safe until you're off the meds, then start with LOW doses to work on your psyche first. High doses might be too risky now. Maybe try microdosing right now, it's powerful for psychological work and healing. 

Edited by peanutspathtotruth