Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aclokay

Causing the un-causal?

3 posts in this topic

We are stuck.

Why do you choose to believe the traditions and teachers that Enlightenment is possible,
yet completely ignore the fact that they all say It's absolute and primordial, meaning it's always here. 

I mean, not just an 'awakening' experience, but a complete full blown enlightenment. 

Isn't reality fractal? isn't  every awakening experience, much like  a shape  in the fractal,   is just embedded within another shape,? 

Could it be we are just justifying our own ego trip?

@Leo Gura

It is possible for suffering to cease to arise. 

The Buddha said awakening/enlightenment is the cessation of dukkha (often translated as suffering).  Obviously, if there is a pre-enlightenment with suffering arising and a post-enlightenment in which suffering ceases to arise...then that revelation/realization of the truth (i.e. dispelling ignorance) has to occur in a point in time for each body/mind and it would be incorrect to say "it's always here".  The truth may always be here...but that seeing what is as it is (seeing the truth) is not always here.

I know suffering can cease to arise...not a chosen belief...it is my experience.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@aclokay No

Go awaken and see for yourself. It will not be anything you imagine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.