Selena

Motivation

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I have watched Leo's videos about how to get things done and I  general being on top of things but I need constant motivation. For example I do really good for a while and then a course or a task is done and once I try to move on to the next new thing I get lazy and say that I have already accomplished one thing so I feel as if it's natural to slack off for the new task. Can you guys help me with this problem please.

@Selena Your motivation is probably a longer term issue then, you need to think about your values and life purpose, and start finding what you love about life and would love to do with your time

Sure i can help. Don't slack off when you face the new task. It's discipline. You have this weakness because you tolerated it.
"We get what we tolerate."  Tony Robbins

You have to think of yourself as a valuable individual. Whenever you do something think it as you have achieved something but do not stop just there yet.
You can take the ideology of thinking it as you can potentially achieve even more, but you have to do more, maybe even for the others, not just for yourself, you must find a true goal, which satisfies you whenever you get something done. If there's someone who is really important for you, you can even ask motivation from him/her! Motivation most often comes from an external direction, not from yourself. But if there is something in your life (carreer for example) which can motivate you, it can also come as a good source of self motivation. Motivation is something which gives you that trully good feeling when you get something done. I am certainly sure there is something in your life which gives you that feeling.
It can be pretty much anything, can be love, carreer, free time, food, activity, anything. Think about it as a reward after you complete something.
Like 2 bottles of beer in a bar with your best friends after a hard day of work, but only if you feel that you got all the things done.
You must be honest with yourself, because this reward always depends on your decision, if you feel that you want to reward yourself.
But this motivation can come as I said externally from other people or other things. Like carreer, love, success, respect.
All of them can be motivating, you only need to find the right thing what you want the most, and either ask for it, or give it to yourself. External motivation is always better, especially if it comes from another person, for example from a good friend. It can be honest, and can give you a huge boost to your happiness, and to your morale if you feel that you reached an achievement.

Edited by ACE

On 19/04/2016 at 3:21 PM, Murtaza said:

Sure i can help. Don't slack off when you face the new task. It's discipline. You have this weakness because you tolerated it.

I liker this quote.  Anyone know any good books that focus on motivation?

@Selena@step1 what you need is intrinsic motivation , motivation from the inside , money, sex or friends ain't going to give you anything of true value, these are all extrinsic motivation and they tend to fade away with time or as you acquire them ... visualization is a good strategy you could apply. 

Edited by Elton

On 4/19/2016 at 10:21 AM, Murtaza said:

Most all people are programed with a false belief system, them realizing these things for many is an impossibility when these things are occurring in their lives, the question one should ask is, what makes the human being begin to question these actions, what is it that enables the human being to begin to change.  when these two things are fully understood the change will have already occurred and you will have the experience and understanding of it which is real knowledge.

48 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

Most all people are programed with a false belief system, them realizing these things for many is an impossibility when these things are occurring in their lives, the question one should ask is, what makes the human being begin to question these actions, what is it that enables the human being to begin to change.  when these two things are fully understood the change will have already occurred and you will have the experience and understanding of it which is real knowledge.

When consciousness awakens to the point that it realizes that it has attached itself to the identity to the degree, that it has gotten lost on the identity, it will provide the motivation needed to move forward toward liberation from the identity to function as the consciousness that it is.  To motivate the identity is a cat of a different color, motivating the identity  requires a great deal of desire on the part of the human identity to see change, but that is an indication that consciousness is still lost or deeply attached to the identity, rather than the consciousness that it is.