Abhijeeth

Life Purpose Or Enlightenment

11 posts in this topic

This is the most huge paradox i've ever experienced.

I am doing the Life purpose course. Whenever I watch @Leo Gura ' s  videos on enlightenment , I get confused.

Which one should I pursue ... in the age of 15 ?

Should I get my life purpose handled first ? or what do I do ?

Im in the same position, I think the most logical thing to do is probably just set aside 30 minutes a day for self-inquiry work and leave it at that. The rest of the day don't worry about enlightenment at all and instead just live normally and do your regular affirmations, mindfulness, positive thinking, visualizations,and all the other self-improvement/life purpose stuff . It's hard to not become obsessed with enlightenment and do all that other stuff because enlightenment feels so important and your so frustrated with your state of unenlightenment and you feel like doing anything that isn't bringing you closer to becoming awakened to the truth of reality is a waste of time lol . 

I think you should focus on Life's Purpose. Considering you are only 15 there are lot of diplomas or degrees coming your way. All low consciousness stuff. At this age you will get confused if you do both. Just my view based on my experience, anyone can disagree. 

What really amaze me is how fast awareness is spreading  these days.Courtesy internet, I was a decade older than you when I heard about enlightenment for the first time.

5 hours ago, Nickfury7 said:

Hey bro :) I'm also doing the life purpose course and at the age of 19 so to some degree I can relate. I have not reached this dilemma simply because I am pursuing both. I don't see why I can't do both, carve your way through the wilderness, make your path, strive to be what you want to be most in life. So is that following your passions and making them congruent with your life purpose, making enlightenment your new reality, or doing both as @Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said. Create your path!

Nickfury I get it that these 2 are the most important pursuits. 

But I believe that it woudnt be wise to do BOTH of them at the same time because -

To make effective use of the life purpose course , one needs to be 100% certain about the journey and not have contradicting ideas.

If you are doing self inquiry EFFECTIVELY , a lot of emotional energy would go into that.

So I would say you dont do them BOTH and focus on one at a time.

Edited by Abhijeeth

Life purpose and enlightenment might seem contradictory but the more you investigate to enlightment, the more you understand there is no contracdictory. It's all about self-actualization which requires alot of inner work (e.g. sit and doing nothing :D), not by doing more outer work.

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

Guys,from my personal expirience i can said that is also strugle for  me. But,i was never feel better than i do something with purposse, highly motivated,eating healthy,training,be best at colledge, but... everything comes in waves,cant last for many years ,and that comes eblightenment! Being in the moment. Feel greath now but also be ambitious for the future!

@Abhijeeth This one was huge for me. It is that your lifepurpose is to be more of an embodiement of Your higher self. Enlightenment Will get itself handled while You do your life-purpose. It Will maturaly cross your way, there is no willpower needed for enlightenment (if You have integrated deep information from Matt Kahn). Handling your passion for a creation You want To settle here is what may be the most attracting for You right now, I don't know.

there is no 'or', but both. Enjoy your life!

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

I am about to start the life purpose course this week and have been on the enlightenment path for a while. I'm 26 and pursuing both.  I believe you need to be smart and understand the root cause of why you are pursuing both paths.

One path is for external use ( life purpose course) the other for internal use (enlightenment work). Work on both, at the end, you will only be benefited.

On 4/18/2016 at 0:41 PM, Abhijeeth said:

This is the most huge paradox i've ever experienced.

I am doing the Life purpose course. Whenever I watch @Leo Gura ' s  videos on enlightenment , I get confused.

Which one should I pursue ... in the age of 15 ?

Should I get my life purpose handled first ? or what do I do ?

You will only pursue self realization, when the consciousness that possesses your physical body begins to remember what it has lost by attaching itself to the identity, the body that it created to exist in here during this time.  It will not be the identity that makes that decision in this.  Your confusion is coming from looking at two different paths that you could take. It doesn't mean that you have a real desire for self realization, you may have just encountered leo's work and it may be causing confusion because something else is important to you right now.  You are doing and will do what is important to you.  When your consciousness has the urge to awaken from the dream it created, change will take place and if self realization is important at that time, then you will begin to move  in another direction.  So the only advice i can realistically give you now, is, do what is important to you, and when your consciousness says its time to awaken from this dream your life will begin to change.  It will help your life even at an early age, to spend time with and be one with the source of life that created and sustains your physical body, it has been with your body all the way, since the day you drew in your first breath and became a living breathing human being and will stay with you till the last day when you will blow out your last breath as consciousness departs the body, this source of life within and surrounding your physical body is the real you.  It can be your teacher and your guide and it will never fail you make it part of what you seek even now, even though itmay not be the most important thing in your life right now.