Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moon777light

to all on the subforum serious emotional problems: this person might help

5 posts in this topic

i have been following for the past few months a holistic psychologist Dr. Nicole Lapera, known on instagram as "the.holistic.psychologist" and the content she shares is mind blowing, and helped me immensly regarding making myself feel better. She used to be a normal clinical psychologist but was upset with the traditional model of dealing with mental illness that doctors use since it wasnt working. I see a person on this forum recommending psychoanalysis a lot but talk therapy is only going to get you so far. When you talk to someone through therapy, your activating the frontal lobe, but the problem is pretty much all mental illness like trauma/anxiety/depression occur when your emotional brains are activated (located in the middle). When you have anxiety and stuff, the emotional brain is triggered FIRST then the rational, thats why you cant really talk yourself out of having a panic attack or whatnot. And thats why talk therapy isnt going to solve the root problem. (i learned this through an amazing book called "THE BODY KEEPS THE SCORE", which everyone whose struggling with something in here should read). Anyway, her page offers free advice and guidance to how you can start to finally heal these wounds and get better. The comment section is incredible as well, kinda like a forum. She has a youtube channel as well.

I truly hope this helps anyone!!

this sounds like an ad lol but i just love her so much

0.jpg

0-1.jpg

Oooh, I'm almost finished reading that book from Bessel van der kolk! I just saw it randomly at the library. Loving it. Thank you for the tip, I'll go see her ig.

Edited by llumi

@llumi interesting, i literally just re-picked up that book yesterday because i stopped on chapter 16. The yoga chapter re-motivated me to start my yoga habit again to improve my HRV-heart rate variability :) 

she started doing really good youtube videos and interviews with other psychologists/healers on the path,i love her soo much!

@moon777light Yayyy for getting motivation for yoga! Btw in another thread you mentioned you do hatha yoga, may I ask how did you learn it? I would want to do it but not sure how to start. I'm asking you because you seem to have been succesful with it.