Jamie McQuillan

Recently discovered I'm HSP personality.

3 posts in this topic

I'm a very success 53 year old man who recently discovered that I am HSP. My entire life was spent thinking something is wrong with me. Not many happy memories growing up. The last two weeks were brutal but I'm ready to start learning how to use the way I am as an asset instead of something that completely removed my desire to live. I don't just want therapy. I want to do more. Research. My memory of school was horrible. So bad I never finished after 9th grade.  However I did work my way up to senior management positions with some of the world's largest food manufacturers. I just don't know where to start. I was on the edge and something brought me back and showed me the path to finding out about HSP. I would like to contact someone who does research to see if someone at my age would be useful. I don't ever want anyone to a day not knowing why they are the way they are, yet alone over a half a century. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jamie McQuillan 

Hey man can totally relate, being highly sensitive can certainly be challenging. I'd recommend looking in to Matt Kahn, he discusses the struggles of being an empath and absorbing others energy/internalizing beliefs and learning to love ourselves exactly as we are. Been something I've been working on a lot recently. Feel free to message me if you're curious about any other resources/thoughts on this.