Annoynymous

How to release Trauma?

63 posts in this topic

One thing I've heard that has been useful is that energy of motion can help release trauma from memory and integrate it. Dynamic meditation, as others have said, is fantastic. It's also worth pursuing beauty, which always makes me love and appreciate the pain for what it is, and what's made possible as a result of it.

"A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time."

-Homer

I like to imagine I'm The Flash, vibrating my cells to hypermetabolize a poison or a tranquilizer. Magical thinking is also really great, and you can end up creating new art to boot, so I love this method.

Sometimes just to keep it ridiculous I'll grasp my hands together in front of me and shake vigorously while humming or singing. It was a theater exercise that still makes me laugh really hard. Depending upon your childhood blueprint, you may repress your joy as well as your traumas. For example, if you find it difficult to laugh in a funny movie you can be sure you're repressing joy.

Edited by OrpheusNovum