Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arodriguez

Would you stay at a Job that....

4 posts in this topic

Ok so I work at a Job that is spiral dynamics stage purple. At least most of the atmosphere is this way. Many here believe in magical crystals and are very gullible to superstition. Mind you the pay is really good and it is an office job. I see myself at possibly stage green or yellow quite far from the tribalistic and superstitios purple. The thing is Im not sure whether to stay or not. The pay is great, works good with school, but fear I will stop developing myself. I have one other option but the pay would be a lot lower and would be difficult to work with my schedule. Thoughts and advice?

Thank you!!! Also what can I do to raise the spiral dynamics level here at my work? do I just act the level right above it or do I just conform and feel weak not an individual? give me some guidance here!!!! thank you!!! so much purple around here! and no its a full time hustle

42 minutes ago, arodriguez said:

Ok so I work at a Job that is spiral dynamics stage purple. At least most of the atmosphere is this way. Many here believe in magical crystals and are very gullible to superstition. Mind you the pay is really good and it is an office job. I see myself at possibly stage green or yellow quite far from the tribalistic and superstitios purple. The thing is Im not sure whether to stay or not. The pay is great, works good with school, but fear I will stop developing myself. I have one other option but the pay would be a lot lower and would be difficult to work with my schedule. Thoughts and advice?

I highly doubt your workplace is stage Purple. Purple is a very low stage of development, which is quite rare within Western society today. What you call magical crystals and gullible superstition may actually be rooted in genuine phenomena - you don't know. Try to be more open minded and less judgemental. Things like healing crystals and paranormal phenomena is more stage Green than Purple. Maybe you have a Green shadow, or maybe you're looking at your work colleagues from a lower stage, like Orange. That would be why you find it difficult to work with them.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

On 3/8/2019 at 2:23 PM, Space said:

Maybe you have a Green shadow, or maybe you're looking at your work colleagues from a lower stage, like Orange. That would be why you find it difficult to work with them.

Yes, this. It's far more likely that you are orange and that they are green, rather than you being at yellow and them purple.

If you were really yellow (tier 2), the gap in "development" wouldn't really bother you anyways, as you would understand that this is simply the way things are.

It's Love.