Eric Tarpall

[Insight] How to deal with rejection

4 posts in this topic

I've come up with a simple practical way to overcome rejection. Move on. What do I mean by that? I mean you keep moving and stay busy. If you do nothing you will dwell on the rejection. When you get rejected just go home and watch Leo's videos. Or play video games. Or do both at the same time.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

I don't think distractions is such a healthy way to deal with rejection because the problem is still there anyway a better way is probably acceptance of what happen and the problem no longer becomes an issue.

But i think you are right in that we need to move on just not by using distractions and not dealing with the problem directly.

Edited by BjarkeT

8 hours ago, BjarkeT said:

I don't think distractions is such a healthy way to deal with rejection because the problem is still there anyway a better way is probably acceptance of what happen and the problem no longer becomes an issue.

But i think you are right in that we need to move on just not by using distractions and not dealing with the problem directly.

+1

9 hours ago, BjarkeT said:

I don't think distractions is such a healthy way to deal with rejection because the problem is still there anyway

I agree that you shouldn't distract yourself from problems. But rejection is not a problem. It only becomes a problem when you keep focusing on it and attaching negative meanings to it. You can't go back in time and undo the rejection so it's pointless to think about it. Just move on.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall