Maccoy

Enlightenment Vs Affirmations

6 posts in this topic

if there is no self and no ago at all , what's the point of affiramtions? 

I think when you are not already enlightened, it will initially help you out in achieving your goals when your ego is still prevalent. When you are enlightened it might be a different story...

Can affirmations, trick your ego? Or even Kill the ego?

like: I dont have an Ego, I dont have an Ego. Or I dont exist, I dont exist. 

Actually those are negatives.

What about: I am aware, I am aware. I am present, I am present

you get the idea:)

wll , i mean that ,how is it possible working on enlightenment and at the same time using affirmations like: i am comfident or i am completely indefendent of the good or the bad opinions of others and so on if i know that there is no  "  i " (me) at all. 

22 hours ago, Maccoy said:

if there is no self and no ago at all , what's the point of affiramtions? 

I think affirmations are quite counter intuitive in that sense when it comes to awakening. I feel like there is no need to change or enforce change onto yourself, your ego. Realizing you are perfect as you are, and accepting everything as is will automatically allow you to be the person you want to be :).

Try this on for size; instead of your affirmations in the morning do instead a small meditation, and as you go on in your day try to keep your awareness in that meditative state. For me this allows perfect peace in the world, when I walk around a mall for example I do not feel anxious like some, I feel perfectly at peace and harmony with all the people and objects there, like I am floating through the universe. Highly recommend this practice as it will greatly help your path.

17 hours ago, Maccoy said:

wll , i mean that ,how is it possible working on enlightenment and at the same time using affirmations like: i am comfident or i am completely indefendent of the good or the bad opinions of others and so on if i know that there is no  "  i " (me) at all. 

There is an "I" for your brain. And the brain actively uses this concept of "I" to form all the behavior habits, including bad ones. By using affirmations you re-program these habits.

Here you just wrote "but there is no me at all". Actually, your brain does not give a shit about what you say here. Still it is very attached to the concept and feeling and image of "I" (epecially your subconscious, which is being reprogrammed by affirmations).

Edited by Naviy