Kiko

Social anxiety a disorder

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys , Im writing this post because something that is very dissapointing thing happend to me . Im 25 years old and i suffer from Social anxiety . Today i had job interview it wasnt something very important to me but i was extremly anxious (i was thinking just to leav and run away before the interview i was that anxious)even though there was no real reason to be.Somehow i convinced my self to wait the interview. The HR came into the room he was young guy and very friendly he saw that i was nervous and staret with small talk he didnt press me at all . But i was speaking like a fucking idiot when im anxious im not the same person anymore, my voice alter , i cant control my body , start to speak quicly and indistinctly i cant think at all i just speak fucking nonsense because anxiety paralizes my brain  . i,ve had that kind of situations in the past in the universitity when i had to present something or present myself to someone. On the other hand im not isolated i have a lot of friends and im very cool and funny and i feel comfortable around them . I just cant perform in the way i shoud in society i act on 20% of  my full potential but i just cant handle the anxiety . I try to chalenge myself with certain situations but when it comes especialy if it something to present myself i become weird idiot who cant introduce himself . So guys can you give me  some advices shoud i visit therapist or some practices or maybe psyhadelics . I dont want this anxiety ruin my live .

B.s i meditate and im very intersted in spirituality so this is not lack in my live . Best regards 

Edited by Kiko

I don't think meditation will help very much as it is very much an indirect approach you need a more direct approach such as face your fears over and over again until it gets comfortable again if you want to get over anxiety.

You are not alone in having anxiety I have it as well and many others on the forum.

You can train your self to face fears by doing something that sucks every day get comfortable getting uncomfortable.

https://bulldogmindset.com/self-confidence/

"If you want to gain confidence, you can gain it by doing whatever you want to gain confidence in, over and over again."

Edited by BjarkeT

First of all, stop beating yourself up for screwing things up. That only adds to the problem.

Have you ever thought of doing acting classes?