Jamie Universe

Falling baby phenonmenon

4 posts in this topic

I just watched a documentary called Mission Blue about Sylvia a Earle. (and stick with me here I swear this is going somewhere). Who if you dont know, is a huge advocate for the oceans and sustaining them. people interviewing her commented that she was unlike most others people have seen, that she was just so passionate, they also asked her if she would ever want to just take a break. She responded with

"If a baby were falling out of a tall building, and you could save it just by putting your arms out and catching it, you wouldn't just take a break while that was happening"

And I was also thinking about how Leo was explaining once you had mystical experiences, you could really appreciate this work, and you got industrial grade meditation habits, not the easy-going way of stage green. So I guess what I'm pointing at here, is the direct experience aspect of this, and how it does stuff to you.

But I'm also wondering how contemplation ties in with this, because contemplation as far as I've done it (not very much) your tying belief (at least in the beginning stages), with direct experience. 

anyways not really any specific question, just a random story. Any thoughts / etc.? 

I don’t know. In Yoga, we learn that whenever we’re too tired, we shouldn’t force ourselves but instead take child’s pose (which is sort of a resting pose).

This idea of never stopping can be quite neurotic.

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

@Gabriel AntonioI can agree, but I'm also wondering if that applies with meditation retreats or other areas where (unless there's a better way) pain is the way to no pain.  

@Jamie Universe A sense of urgency is not directly related to spiritual awakening. In many ways, it's antithetical. Steve Jobs said that his biggest motivation for doing the things he did was understanding he didn't have much longer to live. But enlightenment=death, so awakening brings with it the eradication of the fear of death, and therefore the eradication of a certain sense of urgency tied to it. That isn't to say that an enlightened person doesn't accomplish anything, no, it just means you're more mellowed out and tread lightly and with great care. When you become a balanced individual, you see that pedal-to-the-metal 100% all the time is actually counter-productive! It could seem from the outside that you're doing less, but in actuality you're doing a LOT more with less. It seems like this Silvia Earle is shouldering a lot of responsibility for something that's actually a global effort. But I don't know enough about it...

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo