Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EvilAngel

Staying sober whilst drinking

3 posts in this topic

Ok, I hope this is an appropriate topic for this sub-forum. I wanted to share my thoughts while I am still lucid. 

I have drank four cans of fairly strong lager and throughout the process I decided to see how sober I could stay whilst under the influence. I.e. I have been drinking and meditating at the same time for the past few hours. What I have found is that every time I use alcohol I am sending myself to sleep, so this was a bit of a challenge to stay "woke" whilst consuming alcohol. I have managed to stay lucid for about 30 minutes without any thoughts and as I type this message I am still maintaining a fairly high level of awareness.

I put this challenge to YOU to stay sober whilst drinking (if indeed you ever drink alcohol). 

:) ….

@EvilAngel That's pretty funny - i tried that yesterday, it doesn't work too tell well for me after the first 30 minutes....at first it will help calm the mind down and actually can be pretty effective at that so long as you don't lose too much focus/awareness...but once you start getting just a little too much alcohol in your blood you lose that laser sharp focus and sensitivity and that will prevent you from really making gains with your meditation.   At least that's my experience - so i don't mix alcohol with meditation LOL.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

No thanks, I'll pass on poisoning myself :P

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo