ahmet sukru

does psychedelic causes flashback?

21 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2019 at 7:24 AM, ahmet sukru said:

Thanks for explanation. Do you think those things you mentioned could be dangerous -for example- while driving car or doing something like that?

It depends on degree. In an absolute nondual state there are no distinctions, so the mind-body can't function. Yet, these are really rare states and difficult to reach.

More often are different flavors of nondual states integrated with duality. The ego loves to think it's so important and if it isn't thinking about itself and it's surrounding the mind-body won't be able to operate. This belief is often a misconception and a block to reaching deeper conscious states. Most of the mind-body's functioning is subconscious. Conscious thoughts generally arise *after* the subconscious has made decisions. You mentioned while driving. Do you really need to think while driving? Do you need to think "That is a red light, that means I need to stop"? or "it's snowing, I should drive slower". . . Thinking is sooo over-rated. It is amazing how well the mind-body flows without thinking noise. At first, it feels weird and can be scary. I would drift into a partial nondual state while driving. A "oneness" consciousness with the environment. It's not like day dreaming or falling asleep. There is awareness. In fact, the awareness is *more* clear than when the mind is chattering. Yet, it can be unsettling. At first, my ego would freak out - it was foreign to it. I had to pull over a couple times. Yet with time and practice, I can reach let go and ease into a nondual state and drive perfectly fine. I would say much better than in an egoic-dominant state of consciousness.

For me, it's not really a "flashback". It is part of the integration between various states of consciousness that are equally real.